Zumasys Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm > AccuTerm Cloud (formerly AccuTerm Internet Edition)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Programming Function Keys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pkroker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Programming Function Keys
    Posted: April 20 2016 at 3:00pm
In Accuterm Cloud is it possible for end user to customize the F keys to their liking?  In am in the process of rolling out Accuterm Cloud to replace old 2K2 clients, a lot of my users heavily rely on F keys for inserting repetitive strings, etc. 

I know I can program the keys in the Accuterm Connection Designer and roll it out to all the users but this is not going to do me any good, as they are all personalized. I need to be able for the users to enter their own values.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2016 at 7:23pm
Hi Paul -

In the Cloud version, there is no user interface to program the function keys. Generally companies that use the Cloud version want to lock down most of the settings, including keyboard programming. You can reprogram the keys programatically from the host, so you may want to add a screen to your application where the user can edit their personal key settings that get reloaded whenever they log in.

Thanks,

Pete

pkroker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pkroker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2016 at 11:51am
Thanks Pete.
pkroker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pkroker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2016 at 11:37pm
Pete, in Accuterm Cloud could I use scripting to set the values of the Fkeys? I was thinking maybe  based on the hostname of the client (if that's even accessible to scripting), could I for example load an array of values into the F key mappings?. Doing it via the host app as you suggest doesn't appear to be an option. Looking for other alternatives.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic