Print Page | Close Window

Wish List Features granted in AccuTerm 7

Printed From: Rocket Software
Category: AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only)
Forum Name: GUI Development
Forum Description: Help for developers creating GUI applications with AccuTerm
URL: https://forum.asent.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1732
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 12:35pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Wish List Features granted in AccuTerm 7
Posted By: symbion
Subject: Wish List Features granted in AccuTerm 7
Date Posted: April 04 2004 at 1:14pm
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
Drag & Drop capability. I know that this is complicated but I've asked Peter to look at sending us event information to let the developer actually control the result of the 'drag & drop'

Replies:
Posted By: symbion
Date Posted: April 04 2004 at 1:16pm
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
Icon and/or picture control facility within the Grid control.

Posted By: PatrickL
Date Posted: April 28 2004 at 3:48am
AccuTerm 7 GUI "marquee style" progress bar
We could use a control to let the user know that background processing is taking place. The GAUGE works fine but it takes additional development to show progress. A simpler
method such as a auto-incrementing GAUGE or even a blinking COMMAND control would be work fine.

Thanks, Patrick

Posted By: CALIDORE
Date Posted: August 18 2004 at 9:46pm
AccuTerm 7 GUI Features
All of the following are available in mvDesigner, but for anyone who might have thought about using it, let me tell you, DON'T BOTHER Accuterm is far superior.

1. Coloured Control Buttons.
2. Transparent Background Colour.
3. Icons & Text on Control Buttons.
4. Numeric formatting within Text Boxes.
5. Use of colours in disabled Text Boxes.
6. Alignment of multiple objects within the GUI Designer.
7. Text formatting within Text Boxes, e.g. MCU MCT etc.
8. RETURN key to act like a click whilst in a List.
9. Icon & Picture field type in a grid.
10. List searches currently only work on the 1st character entered, can this be extended to multiple characters?

ACCUTERM is a superb product for us PICK programmers and continues to change the face of PICK Development.

Posted By: rkgozar
Date Posted: September 02 2004 at 1:19am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
New Feature: Timer control in GUI designer

I'd like a VB timer control to fire events at specified intervals. I'm looking to create "select in progress -- click to cancel" dialogs, but have no timer events to check if the select (or other lengthy processing) has completed.

Posted By: PSchellenbach
Date Posted: September 02 2004 at 5:02am
Hi Rex -

Adding a timer is not really necessary - you can simply use ATGUICHECKEVENT instead of ATGUIWAITEVENT in the event loop. CheckEvent returns with an event code of zero if no event occurs before the specified timeout.

Also, beware that the host process is single-threaded, and if you EXECUTE a select (or some other long operation), the host program will not be able to respond to the event until the EXECUTE completes.

Thanks,

Pete

Posted By: rkgozar
Date Posted: September 02 2004 at 5:16am
ATGUICHECKEVENT would work, but it wouldn't be as structured. I was hoping to create a program to fire off a phantom, show the "progress" window, and use the timer/cancel events to check for phantom completion and/or user cancellation.

I'll try to work it out with ATGUICHECKEVENT. Thanks!

Posted By: Jeanette
Date Posted: October 08 2004 at 5:39am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature - transparent background
Is it posible to add a property like border color and background style (transparent or opaque) to objects like frames, pictures (or images)? Border color could apply to almost any control. By the way, when are we looking for the next 'new release'?

Thanks,

Jeanette
www.mindsview.com

Posted By: bneylon
Date Posted: November 01 2004 at 7:40am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
I did a search for this and came up with one hit, where Pete says it would be a nice feature. I would like the ability to resize a column in a grid. Something like Excel column resize. Figured this should be included on the wish list.

Bruce

Posted By: alonvega
Date Posted: July 22 2005 at 2:52am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
I would like to skip a "label" column in a grid. If the focus is in col1, and the col2 is a label column, when I finish in col1 I would like to jump to col3.

My great problem with GUI Accuterm is the lose of characters. A input character is lose when the program updates other field. I would like very much this problem was solved in the next release.

Thanks,
Marcos

Posted By: Deech
Date Posted: March 01 2006 at 4:37am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
Control: Tree

New Event: Expand

Description: The expand event would be triggered when the user clicks on the + or - sign on a tree control. Doing this will allow the dynamic changing of the icon property. i.e. changing a Closed Folder to an Open Folder icon when expanding a branch.

Deech

Date Posted: March 02 2006 at 10:28pm
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
Text strings that include a "&" character are being displayed in labels as "_".

Posted By: Deech
Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 1:44pm
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature (2K2 as well)
Tool tip help (Mouse over help) on tree control items nodes. This would allow some help text to be displayed if this control were being used as a main menu.

Deech

Date Posted: April 23 2006 at 8:35pm
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature (also 2K2)
Ability to specify the alternate row background colour on a grid.

I do this manually at the moment but it has an overhead especially when deleting or inserting a row to the grid.

Posted By: hemiii
Date Posted: April 24 2006 at 1:51am
Hey Calidore,

I second that one. I remember trying to load up the 'SETPROPS' array with alternating row and column color information and having no success. I think I finally ended up making individual SETPROP calls to specific grid/column coordinates. So, for my purposes, if SETPROPS was able to load multiple color designations to a grid in one call, I'd consider that a real boon!

-------------
Harold E Miller III (Trey)

Posted By: acmedia
Date Posted: May 12 2006 at 5:47am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
Could the "Update Code" box be resizable? Many times the name of a control is too long to be completely shown in the Missing or Unused Events sections.

in AccuTerm 7 there is a tooltip that shows the full name for each item in the list

Posted By: ProBlazer
Date Posted: July 28 2006 at 8:29am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
Wish List - Please add the ability to control the tab order of controls, something like the TabIndex Property  that VB uses for controls would be ideal.

There is no TabIndex property - the order of creation (order in the project tree) controls tab order - but there is a TabStop property that can be used to remove a control from the tab order

Posted By: LiveBlues
Date Posted: July 28 2006 at 8:48am
You can control the tab order by the order in which you add the controls. If you want to change the tab order, in the tree on the right, just drag the control and place it in the list where you want it. Hope that makes sense.

Posted By: ProBlazer
Date Posted: July 31 2006 at 3:03am
yes that does make sense.  i knew the order on which you created your control determined the tab order, but I had no idea the order of the control tree determined tab order.  THANKS

Date Posted: November 14 2006 at 2:00am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
Another wish list item for WED.  "Uncomment selected lines" to remove ! as well as *.

Posted By: usaeagle
Date Posted: March 20 2007 at 3:20am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature - see next post
html links.

I am not sure if this is already available, but I would like the ability to use html links.  So I could list invoice numbers (ex: 123456 ), and when you click on them, it would pull up a .pdf copy of that invoice.

Date Posted: March 20 2007 at 4:02am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature - underline font style
Hi usaeagle -

While you cannot use true html links, you can certainly use labels with underlined text and catch a click event to perform some action.

Thanks,

Pete

Date Posted: June 18 2007 at 7:28am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
I want to be able to select multiple rows in a grid for processing.

Posted By: mikkane
Date Posted: January 09 2008 at 11:24pm
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature (checkbox alignment)
Ability to  position a checkbox's caption to the left of the control rather than to the right.

Posted By: middy
Date Posted: July 17 2008 at 1:28am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature (status bar)
Status bar on MDI windows.Ged needs to save it's maximized state and the location of the splitter bar between the project tree and the design pane (the default width of the project tree is too narrow, IMHO).vi mode for wed would be nice, or a way to hook up vim to replace wed.

Posted By: mikkane
Date Posted: September 01 2008 at 10:19pm
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature (grid wordwrap property)
Being able to set the height of grid rows would be massively useful for us.  What we'd like to be able to do is have deeper grid rows with multi-line labels/text boxes in it.  Could this be added to the wishlist please?

On a separate note, is there a rough release date for the next version of GUI/Accuterm?Many thanks

Mark

Date Posted: May 25 2010 at 3:55am
The items in this topic were moved from the New Features Wish List. These items have been implemented in AccuTerm 7 GUI.

Posted By: FranklynS
Date Posted: August 22 2017 at 12:06am
Originally posted by PSchellenbach PSchellenbach wrote:

The items in this topic were moved from the New Features Wish List. These items have been implemented in AccuTerm 7 GUI.

Thanks! What's being added next?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net