Print Page | Close Window

Transferring to a XLSX spreadsheet

Printed From: Rocket Software
Category: AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only)
Forum Name: File Transfer
Forum Description: Help with uploading & downloading database and document files
URL: https://forum.asent.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1201
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 9:53am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Transferring to a XLSX spreadsheet
Posted By: dailyklm
Subject: Transferring to a XLSX spreadsheet
Date Posted: December 18 2007 at 5:58am

It appears that we are unable to transfer to an XLSX (Office 2007) spreadsheet.  Is this something you are currently working on a fix for?

Thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: PSchellenbach
Date Posted: December 19 2007 at 5:14am
Hi -

Somehow the new file extension for Excel 2007 slipped by. You may be able to use the new extension with the current version of AccuTerm 2K2, however, under Vista, the current version sometimes fails due to the new User Account Control security stuff.

Here's how to get AccuTerm to recognize the XLSX extension:

Use Windows explorer to browse to the C:\Program Files\Atwin folder. Look for the atedtype application (atedtype.exe file). Under XP, double-click to run atedtype. Under Vista, right-click and choose Run As Administrator. If XLSX is not displayed in the file extension list, click the New Type button. Enter 'xlsx' in the Extension box (no quotes), then select Excel as the file type. Click OK. Click OK to close the atedtype program. Restart AccuTerm. If everything went as planned, AccuTerm will now recognize .XLSX as an Excel file.

We are working on an update to make more this work more reliably under Vista. The problem with Vista is that the file extension list is stored in the C:\Program Files\Atwin\Atwin.ini file. When this file is updated by atedtype (or other programs), Vista "virtualizes" the file, moving a copy of it to the user's profile. AccuTerm does not always recognize the virtualized file correctly, which is the case for Excel import/export.

We are working on an update to correct this problem in Vista.

Thanks,

Pete

Posted By: mikehmc
Date Posted: December 19 2007 at 5:56am
Works great. Is there a way to puch that globally so we dont have to touch 300 users Pete?

Thanks
Mike

Date Posted: December 19 2007 at 6:38am
Great news!!  I haven't tried it yet, but will as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks so much for the response!

Date Posted: December 19 2007 at 11:29am
Hi Mike -

The atedtype program updates the atwin.ini file. You may be able to a Windows login script to update the atwin.ini file from a central share. Are you running on XP or Vista? On XP, it should be no problem, but on Vista, with the virtualization of this file, I'm not sure if you will actually update the real file or the virtual one.

Thanks,

Pete

Date Posted: May 29 2008 at 3:25am
Hi Pete...when I double click on atedtype I get this error:

Run time error '339':
Component 'vplist32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:  a file is missing or invalid

Is there another way that I can update the atwin.ini file? 

We are running a licenced copy of Accuterm.  I tried on some of coworkers computers also and get the same error.

Thanks,
Kim

Date Posted: May 29 2008 at 4:16am
Hi Kim -

You can use notepad to enter the file type list into atwin.ini. Here is the new list that will be built in to the next version of AccuTerm, which includes xlsx:
[FileTypes]

wk1=0
wks=1
db2=5
dbf=6
xls=7
xlsx=7
xlsm=7
xlsb=7
wb1=11
sym=15
mdb=100
accdb=100
htm=101

You can simply copy/paste the list from this post.

Thanks,

Pete

Date Posted: May 29 2008 at 5:18am
Perfect!  Worked great!

Thanks so much.

Date Posted: November 02 2021 at 11:11am
Quick note, newer XLS file types (XLSX, XLSM, XLSB) no longer require using atedtype to update the file types, as these are now supported natively (since at least AccuTerm 7).

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net