Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > File Transfer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedFT transfer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arsshal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FT transfer
    Posted: June 15 2006 at 5:07am
    Is there a way to wait for a FT transfer to finish before going on? Wait at a line until the status changes or loop until the status changes or ?
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 11:37am
If you EXECUTE the FT program, the program will not continue past the EXECUTE until FT finished.

Thanks,

Pete
rickramz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickramz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 7:53am
Another FT question: a workstation receives files via modem from an outside source. Some of these files are ZIP format. I want to 'save' these files on the D3 server prior to subsequent processing, for backup and troubleshooting purposes. This job runs at many clients with many different types of network setups, so I set up a pointer that I read at runtime to create q-ptr (DOS:C:\FOLDER\SUBFOLDER) - then I run FT to copy the workstation's files to the D3 server. When I invoke FT, I also use the O and 1=B parameters, but even so, it seems I cannot subsequently unzip (WinZIP) the ZIP file copied to the D3 server this way. Any suggestions? It would probably be better to invoke a straight DOS copy but I don't know how to dynamically determine the destination folder when it's on the D3 server and may or may not be mapped of have a network path. Thanks
Rick
Stefano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 10:05am
NT_BIN:C:/FOLDER/SUBFOLDER

HTH    
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 10:57am
Hi Rick -

If you want to use FT to transfer binary data on a D3 system, you will need to customize the FTKERMIT subroutine to work with binary strings in BASIC. The current version of FTKERMIT works fine in binary mode on machines that support binary-clean strings using standard string operations like concatenation, substring, LEN(), CHAR() and SEQ() functions. But as far as I know, D3 does not support binary-clean string functions. Specifically, CHAR(255) is lost, so PRINT LEN(CHAR(255)) prints 0, not 1 (I just tested this on D3/NT 7.5).

Thanks,

Pete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic