Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > File Transfer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedRookie questions - FTD upload

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mscollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rookie questions - FTD upload
    Posted: April 02 2004 at 10:27am
I am a mv rookie, so please bear with the simple questions! Thanks.

I'm trying to duplicate what I've been able to do with wIntegrate, which is to upload a single "column" of data and turn it into a list. I'm having trouble figuring out how to answer the prompts in FTD. (No offense, but I just can't get the wizard to help me!) I know that this stems from not fully understanding file/items/attributes, etc. If anyone out there can help me please let me know!

Assume that I have a text file in Windows that contains some data, one field per line:

What I'm trying to do is upload this data into D3. The ultimate goal would be to have a saved list whose items are 123, 456 and 789.

I'm sure this is easy for the guys who've been around a while! If you know how to do this and are willing to share then I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Michael Collins
IT Manager
Financial Credit Network
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2004 at 5:57am
Hi Michael -

You need to use FT instead of FTD for this. Your list in the Windows text file is more like a document than a database, and FT will transfer a document to an MV item, like a program, text file, or list. Just use FT, answer K (kermit), U (upload), the source directory name, the source file name, the target MV file name and optionally the target MV item ID. If you omit the ID, the original file name will be used.

Thanks,

Pete
mscollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mscollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2004 at 10:12am
Pete,

As usual, it was as easy as you said it'd be! I created an empty list, then ran FT, using pointer-file as the target MV file name and my list name as the target MV item ID. Piece of cake!

Thanks for a great program.
-MC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic