Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > GUI Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedWelcome to Accuterm GUI!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Moderator -- GUI Development

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome to Accuterm GUI!!
    Posted: December 19 2003 at 3:58pm
Welcome to the Accuterm GUI Forum!

I have recently discoverd the Accuterm GUI Development environment, and realized what a great tool it is to the Multi-Value World.

If you have "Legacy Software Package" that everyone is dieing to get rid of but you, the person resposible for making it all work, then maybe you should look into what the Accuterm GUI Development environment can do for you and your application.

This is not a screen scraper type GUI! This is a true GUI development environment and the form painter that operates very similar to Visual Basic. This of course has it's trade offs, but most screen scraper GUIs do require some some modification to your "Legacy Code" to get them to work, and still give you less than ideal results. I know this from first hand experience.

If you can't justify converting your whole app to GUI, don't worry. It is easy to do just new development in the Accuterm GUI environment and convert the rest of your applications as time allows. This may not be the ideal way to do it but should be workable solution.

This forum I hope will be a place for you to come to seek answers to your questions and find out how other people have solved the same problem you are encountering. I know that I've had to get some help from time to time on getting things to work they way I want to them to and I hope to get some solutions from other developers.

So welcome, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Deech Vogt
Accuterm GUI--Changing the Face of MV Development!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic