Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Installation & Setup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum Lockedunexpected error; quitting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atwist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: unexpected error; quitting
    Posted: January 24 2005 at 6:34am
I am getting the error "unexpected error; quitting" when my users are trying to run accuterm. Running Windows XP. I installed it under 1 user and they left the company so I have created a new profile in XP. That profile is getting the error message. Running Acuterm 5.2a. Even when I try to uninstall and reinstall the software I sitll get that error message.
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 10:24am
Hi -

Try the following: log in as administrator. Uninstall. Reboot. Log in as administrator. Install. Reboot. Login as administrator. Install one more time.

Thanks,

Pete
atwist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atwist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 1:15am
That did not work. Even during the install it gives the same error message at the very end when the installer says "Updating system configuration...Please wait" - i get the error 7 times in a row then it finishes
mbaden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 6:25pm
I'm having the same problem. The error title bar says "Teradyne SourceView" with no message in the error; just a blank button.

Anyone find out anything on this?
atwist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atwist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 1:37am
The only fix that worked is to format the computer and reinstall or switch software packages...
scottyds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2016 at 11:35am
I ran into exactly this issue this morning on a Windows 7 PC that had been running just fine with version 7C (atw71c) for over a year.  I wasn't about to try the nuclear option, but did try Pete's recommended fix -- which didn't work.  But I tried something else that did.  I logged into the PC with the admin account, uninstalled AccuTerm, then rebooted.  I then installed Pete's older Accuterm 7B version (atwbsp1).  Voila, no more error message.  I pushed my luck and then ran the atw71c installer.  Success again -- Accuterm was back up and running on the current version.
Scott S
Delfsinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delfsinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2016 at 7:10am
The problem may lie in a Windows security update March 8, 2016.  KB3139940 for Windows Vista , 7, 8, and 8.1. After removing the update and restarting Windows,  Accuterm  worked fine. Go to the following link at International Spectrum for the full article.

http://www.intl-spectrum.com/article/937/windows_update_affects_older_versions_of_accuterm_you_are_here.aspx 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic