Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Code Samples
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedSub: load speadsheet from Excel via Objects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sub: load speadsheet from Excel via Objects
    Posted: July 11 2022 at 6:36pm
I needed a way to drop a spreadsheet into an Accuterm and made this subroutine to handle that. This is a hello world program for application object mode so I'd appreciate feedback about improvements.

This subroutine opens the Excel application; loads the spreadsheet without showing it on screen; selects the whole spreadsheet; copies it to the clipboard; pastes the clipboard into the passed AT grid.
Limitations: The AT program really needs to wait until the copy is complete, but I couldn't find an object event I could use to insure that. I'm using RELEASEOBJECT for the Range and Worksheet objects to get close without un-needed delays along with a short SLEEP .1 delay as a hack that's working. If someone with Object Manager experience has a better way I'd love to hear it.

Comments in the bottom have a link to Microsoft documentation for the object methods and properties, as well as the object syntax for some sample calls

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic