Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Scripting & Automation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pick file from .xls using FTIMPORT is out of seqnc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedPick file from .xls using FTIMPORT is out of seqnc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbhenkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pick file from .xls using FTIMPORT is out of seqnc
    Posted: November 05 2021 at 4:07pm
I use FTIMPORT to import an excel spreadsheet to a pick work file on a daily basis.  The options I use are:
MODE:  K,G
HOST.FILE:  (pick file name)
ATTR:  *
ID.START:  1
REMOTE.FILE:  (path to spreadsheet)

all other options are null.

The spreadsheet I receive always leaves line 1 as blank.  My programming expects that so it always starts processing with item "2" in my pick file.  Item "1" is always empty.

Well something changed today.  Now the FTIMPORT process seems to skip line 1 on the spreadsheet and puts line 2 of the spreadsheet in pick file "1", line 3 in "2", and so on.  It's like it ignored or deleted the always blank line 1 on the spreadsheet and shifted everything else up one line.

Is there something that I can even do to cause this?  Could there be something wrong with the data?  I can certainly compensate in my programming, but if this is a glitch on my part or your part I'd like to correct things without making any programming changes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic