Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Scripting & Automation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedAccuTerm 7 vs 2k2 - No More IntelliSense?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbdav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AccuTerm 7 vs 2k2 - No More IntelliSense?
    Posted: November 25 2019 at 1:35pm
Our company finally upgraded from AccuTerm 2k2 to AccuTerm 7, but I am strongly considering staying away from the "upgrade" as long as possible because it appears that the IDE's IntelliSense has been removed from the script/macro editor, which I use almost daily.

IntelliSense basically is an autocomplete feature within the IDE. For example, if I were to type:

Dim s As

there would be a list of all options I could declare a variable as. This feature is now completely gone after the update, and I've tested it on another PC in the office and even on a trial version of AccuTerm 7 on my home PC.

Is there an add-on or something I am missing to get this feature to work, or did I just perform a downgrade from 2k2 to 7?

------------------

Alternatively, is there a hack I could perform to replace a some of the new files located within the /Atwin71/ directory from the /Atwin/ directory that would allow me to use the old IDE? The Atvbs2k3.dll file looked interesting but didn't work when I renamed to Atvbs71.dll and placed in the new folder (which was the expected outcome, but I wanted to try anyway).

I also found some settings listed in the registry as well under:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Asent\Atwin70\ScriptEditor and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Asent\Atwin70\Settings
But didn't see any registry entries that would appear to have helped me either.

------------------

Thanks for the assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic