Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > GUI Development
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Setting GPBACKCOLOR in grid using ATGUISETPROPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedSetting GPBACKCOLOR in grid using ATGUISETPROPS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setting GPBACKCOLOR in grid using ATGUISETPROPS
    Posted: June 25 2019 at 7:41am
Hi,

I am searching through a grid for a given text, and when the text is found I would like to use ATGUISETPROPS to set GPBACKCOLOR in the column of the row where the text is found.  Using ATGUISETPROP for each row is very slow through a VPN connection.

The description of ATGUISETPROPS in the guiman document shows for the VALUES input argument:

corresponding property values separated by attribute marks; multiple rows within a value are separated by value marks and multiple columns within a row are separated by subvalue marks.

Is this at all possible?
How should I interpret this documentation and set the VALUES input argument for it to function?

Thanks,

Karl
Shrek59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2019 at 2:31pm
I would work from the property information for the control rather than from the more generic information given in the ATGUISETPROPS description. So, for the grid control, GPBACKCOLOR says:

background color (default color is WindowBackground). Individual
column, row or cell colors may be updated by specifying non-zero
values for the
COL and ROW parameters

Therefore, I use ATGUISETPROP like this:

CALL ATGUISETPROP(guiapp, guifrm, 'MYGRID', GPBACKCOLOR, colno, rowno, CLR3DFACE, guierrors, guistate)

I wrap as much stuff as I can in macros so the actual calls to the GUI are minimised. If you have lots of individual calls to the GUI, things slow down a lot, so bundling them up in a macro is really useful.

HTH,

Brian

karlbaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2019 at 3:36am
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the tip, things worked out fine.  Took 10 minutes to study the documentation and added 3 lines of code to get the desired effect.

Karl
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic