Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Green Screen
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedMessage at Cursor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicknn2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Message at Cursor
    Posted: January 23 2018 at 3:34pm
I'm on Accuterm 7, with a VT100 emulation.  I am getting a message "you have an account being thrown to you" wherever my cursor is at, that someone else in my office is trying to transfer me a record.  Once this message is displayed, the data that I am entering becomes skewed.  It is preserved after I press enter though.  This problem is annoying.  Shouldn't this message be showing up in the status/message line and not wherever the cursor is at?  Please help!
Nik
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2018 at 7:18pm
Hi Nik -

Usually those kind of messages show up in the status line. It may be that the application is not sending the correct escape sequence to direct the message to the status line. Was this function working previously? What changed?

Thanks,

Pete

nicknn2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicknn2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2018 at 8:31pm
Hi Pete,
Since upgrading from CT Term to Accuterm 7, we have had this issue and have not been able to find a fix. It was not an issue in CT Term. How would we go about correcting this? There is still some type of status line at the top of the screen that only displays if the record is locked by another user in the office.
Nik
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2018 at 8:19am
Hi Nik -

Can you do a data capture of the program that is showing the message in the wrong place? Before you open that screen, use Tools -> Capture, enter a file name that you can find later, with .txt extension. Select "received data" and make sure "text only" IS NOT checked. Click "Start Capture". Open the problem screen. After the stray message pops up, use Tools -> Capture, and click "End Capture". Attach the .txt file to an email and sent it to accuterm at zumasys.com. 

Thanks,

Pete

nicknn2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicknn2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2018 at 10:17am
Pete,

Would this raw data be going to you?  I have a .txt file ready to go.  I was unaware that Zumasys had any support for this product.

Nik
Nik
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2018 at 10:22am
Yes - I receive AccuTerm support emails at that address. AccuTerm 7 is still fully supported.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic