Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Advanced Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedNavigate Forward/Backward in WED

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GordonFrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Navigate Forward/Backward in WED
    Posted: December 03 2017 at 9:13am
When concurrently editing MULTIPLE files in WED using the navigate forward and navigate backward icons in the WED menu bar WED will always jump to a different open file if you have used forward/backward in more than one of the open files.
It can too easily led to changing code in the incorrect file if you are not carefully watching which of the open files has the focus.
PLease modify WED code so that forward/backward is properly 'remembered' for each of the files open in WED.
Gordon French
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2017 at 9:15am
Hi Gordon -

The navigation buttons are working as designed. The navigation history is global, encompassing all opened documents, not local to each document. If you are in Document1, and double-click an INCLUDE or CALL to open Document2, then the Back button will navigate back from Document2 to Document1 where you clicked the INCLUDE or CALL.

Thanks,

Pete

GordonFrench View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GordonFrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2017 at 7:08pm
Thanks Pete,

I understand that that is correct when using forward and backward with call and include programs.

However I quite often open multiple separate programs so that I can cut and paste code sections from one separate program to another separate program. This is the situation where I would like forward and backward to work correctly for each of the separate programs depending on which one has 'focus'.

Thanks for replying.

Gordon
Gordon French
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic