Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Advanced Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedWED not editing DICT files

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WED not editing DICT files
    Posted: February 28 2017 at 5:33am
When trying to edit a dictionary file with WED, the record fails to load and the GUI screen displays an error message.
Using the command WED DICT CN.FLE CN.01, the message that I see is "Unable to open item CN.FLE,CN.01 because it appears to be a folder or file definition."
I put a PRINT command in the WED program and the NEWCMDS variable used to start ATWED32.EXE contains /T=MVDB /H=$24446 /A=CSF.DC /F="DICT CN.FLE" /I=CN.01
I am running Accuterm 7.1c sp2 (7.1.2025) along with the 7.2.5 host programs.  I also tried using the 7.2.14 version of FTSVRSUB, but got the same results.  The host programs were compiled for the OAS environment running on Windows.

Is there anything I can do to provide more information to solve this problem?  We also have the host programs installed on a Sun Solaris server, and it has no problem editing a DICT record.
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2017 at 6:51pm
Hi Auctor -

It is possible that there is a bug in the Oasys code in the AccuTerm host programs. WED maps the host file structure into a DOS-like hierarchy, and traditionally, dictionary files could contain records that reference data level files. I don't think this is true on Oasys, but the program might be mis-identifying records that look like file pointers, which would be interpreted by WED as a directory. For one of the problem items, what is on the first two lines of the item?

Thanks,

Pete

Auctor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2017 at 4:58am
Pete,

This appears to be a generic problem.  I tried it on both D and I dictionary records and it failed on both.

:ED DICT CN.FLE CN.01 AP.NAME
< 1 > Top of "CN.01" in "DICT CN.FLE", 7 lines, 31 characters.
*--: P
001: D STATUS CODE
002: 1
003:
004: STÿCD
005: 3L
006: M
007: PH1
Bottom.
*--: Q

< 2 > Top of "AP.NAME" in "DICT CN.FLE", 9 lines, 161 characters.
*--: P
001: I
002: AP.01:', ':AP.02[1,20]
003:
004: NCP NAME
005: 20L
006:
007:

Auctor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2017 at 6:20am
I have a packet capture of my session using Wireshark.  Would that help?
Auctor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2017 at 6:52am
Is anyone actively working on this problem?  I have not heard anything since my initial post.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic