Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Connectivity
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum Lockedssh cannot authenticate to vmware esxi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrgile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ssh cannot authenticate to vmware esxi
    Posted: April 05 2016 at 10:21am
I have never seen this before, but I am unable to use accuterm to ssh to vmware esxi. I can connect to linux without issue.  I tried different settings and even control-enter to see if it was sending an extra carriage return, and still nothing. Any ideas?
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2016 at 5:39pm
Hi Michael -

Your AccuTerm release may be out of date. There have been some vulnerabilities discovered in some of the crypto algorithms used by SSH, and many admins are disabling some of the algorithms that used to be standard. Your version of AccuTerm might not support the updated algorithms. The current release (7.1c-sp1) supports all current SSH servers that I am aware of, so upgrading to the latest AccuTerm release may solve your problem.

Thanks,

Pete

mrgile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrgile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2016 at 4:23am
Sorry? But that is not it. I have reproduced the problem With a brand new download of accuterm yesterday. I'm addition the shell connects but refuses working passwords. Public key authentication works as well, so it is something about the way password authentication is handled.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2016 at 3:54pm
Hi Michael -

Are you sure the server is using password authentication? Maybe its using keyboard-interactive, which usually appears the same as password.

Thanks,

Pete

mrgile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrgile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2016 at 4:05pm
No, but choosing interactive in accuterm just spins
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2016 at 11:04am
Hi Michael -

If you are still having problems with SSH password authentication please send me an email to petes at zumasys dot com and I'll give you instructions on using the debug version of AccuTerm to run a log of the SSH connection.

Thanks,

Pete

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic