Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Scripting & Automation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedScript to select printer (more)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bojangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Script to select printer (more)
    Posted: January 29 2004 at 12:34am
I just found out you may know my father, but in any case I have one more question if you don't mind. The script you gave me worked perfectly, I just have one more twist. I choose the specific printer I want for the job, but at the end of the routine, instead of assigning to another specific printer, is there a way to tell it to just go back to the default printer in accuterm? this script just changes from one specific listing to another. Some users have differing default printers. Am I making any sense?
Bojangles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bojangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2004 at 12:40am
Nevermind, it just dawned on me to simply look up what their default printer is in the OS and just reset it to that. duh. Thanks again.
Bojangles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bojangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2004 at 12:44am
Ok, don't never - nevermind. LOL Rough morning. Since like I said, everyone's default printer is different, I can't set the printer in Pick since I don't know what each individuals default printer is. Ok Now I am confusing myself. LOL
Bojangles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bojangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2004 at 12:30am
Well, I dug up the manual and found out for myself to just substitute a null for the printer. Thanks for your help.
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2004 at 4:10am
One other thing you could do, if the user might be using a specific printer instead of the default printer, is to save the current printer in a "common" variable and restore it when you are done. There is a Common array which is global to all AccuTerm sessions that you can freely use:

save current printer:
Common("SavedPrinter") = InitSession.PrinterName

restore printer:
InitSession.PrinterName = Common("SavedPrinter")

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic