Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Smart User Interface
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedHow to get current screen size?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkgozar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get current screen size?
    Posted: September 09 2008 at 1:08am
How do I get the current screen settings? I already know how to programmatically set the cols and rows, but how do I read in their current values? I want to be able to programmatically store the settings so I can reset them later.
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2008 at 3:17am
Hi Rex -

While you can use a script to retrieve most any setting, here's a link to a forum topic that discusses saving nearly all the settings to a temporary file, then restoring them later. If this will not work for you, let me know and I'll post some sample code to retrieve the screen size for you.

Thanks,

Pete
rkgozar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkgozar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2008 at 7:10am
I don't really want to save the settings in an ini file on the local PC, then have to somehow read it or transfer it to the server. I already saw that solution in the AccuTerm documentation. Is there any other way?
rbaker_hughes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbaker_hughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2008 at 8:27am
Pete,
Could you either post that code you mentioned on the forum or send it to me too.

I also am looking for the documentation that shows what the different client side scripts are that we can call from the multi-value host, to change the user's session.

I found this in the previous thread:
PRINT ESC:STX:'P INITSESSION.FONTNAME="FIXEDSYS"':CR:
What is it to set the screen width or length?

I like the idea of saving the user's whole session object before making the change and then restoring it back when the screen execution completes.  That's superior to assuming that everyone uses 80 chars wide and forcing the screen to that.

Thanks,
-Baker

You can actually DISREGARD this request.  I found the answers I need by digging around through previous posts.  Thankx
Baker
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic