Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Smart User Interface
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedYet another control!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlucas67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yet another control!
    Posted: June 22 2007 at 4:06am

I'm needing a SUI type control that can have multiple fields for input/display across a line and scroll multiple lines.  Something that would be able to have validation after each "sub" field and conversions too.  To be used to create order entry line input of multiple order items and such.

Any hope for that in the future of SUI or should I start working on my own?

Marshall
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2007 at 10:57am
Hi Marshall -

I have no immediate plans on adding more wigets to SUI, but if you feel like contributing a scrolling grid I would gladly add it to the library.

I also am considering changing the copyright notice / license to make it less restrictive, possibly using something like BSD.

I'm not sure it there is a central repository of Pick code anymore, where this could be posted, but if you have any ideas I'm certainly interested.

Now, back to the grid. I think you could write a grid using the current single-line text box arranged in an array that scrolls vertically (line or page?) and possibly horizontally if the window size is smaller than the grid contents. The grid INPUT routine coluld watch for mouse clicks and cursor movement and handle those commands withing the grid window, returning to the calling program when the cursor moves outside the grid.

Good Luck!

Pete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic