Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Smart User Interface
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedCombining SUI/GUI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlucas67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Combining SUI/GUI
    Posted: February 12 2007 at 4:57am
I'm working on a driver program that will read the GUI Templates created by GED and create a SUI screen from them. I was just wondering if any work has already been done in this area and if anyone would have code to share on how they accomplished it. I have forms, labels and text fields working now. Next is the scrolling input forms to handle line input data from orders and such. This part is much more difficult and is where I would like to not have to recreate the wheel.

Marshall
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 9:32am
Hi Marshall -

Sounds like you are tackling the grid? I know it is a complex problem, and I have not had a chance to work on it yet. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Other items that need to be done to round out the SUI package are check boxes & option buttons. I had started working on a check box, but could not find characters I liked for the checked / unchecked states, except maybe a big X and a blank. I was hoping for an actual checkmark (square root symbol is close), but its not universal among the different terminal emulations.

Thanks,

Pete

mlucas67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlucas67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 9:02am
I haven't had the time since the first of the year to work more on this.  But on the check box and radio button idea...

I used a product in a past life that did text windowing in Turbo Pascal.  It used [ ] for unchecked and [x] for checked, and ( ) for radio buttons with a (o) for selected radio buttons.  Worked great and easy to calculate positions and such.  It allows for a standard click area between the [ ] and ( ) and it looks pretty good too.

Marshall
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic