Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > GUI Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedNew Features Wish List, Next GUI Version

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homerlh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 6:18am
Greetings,

First - I really love this most excellent product, so don't take my comments as negative.

I do lots of search and replace in WED, particularly when I'm working on somebody elses programs. I like more space in the code, so I change "x,x" to "x, x" and other such pretty up things. I would like the search and replace box to be anchored to the upper right hand side of the WED screen. I either have to move it there every time I do this search and replace of else I have to chase the form around on the screen.

Thanks,

Larry Hazel
homerlh View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homerlh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 6:20am
Greetings,

Another WED question. One of the nice things I like about the old ED editor is its ability to display all of the lines that contain a given set of letters.

I do a lot of "L9999/FRABITZ/" to see every line on which frabitz occurs. I can do the same thing with the FIND command, but I only get to see lines one at a time.

How about some type of "command line" entry that lets me type in an old fashioned ED command, which would then pop up a window with only the lines containing whatever displayed.

Larry Hazel
homerlh View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homerlh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 5:12pm
WED File Comparison

Long ago and way back when, there was an editor called Norton Editor. You loaded up two files and one of the many things you could was a character by character comparison. You pressed F6-T and the comparison started.

It displayed the two files as two horizontal windows and started a cursor moving down through each file - character by character and line by line. If any mismatches occurred, it would stop the scan and let you edit the files to correct the mismatch.

I've long wanted WED to be able to do this.

Larry Hazel
acmedia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 6:50am
A WishList item - when a control is deleted from a form the code behind it is deleted, but the lines of asterisks seperating that code from the code of other controls is leaf behind. If you do a lot of creating and deleting you end up with pages of asterisks - could they be deleted with the code?
acmedia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 5:17am
When a form is loaded into GED (file -> open) could it opening into the editing window? At the moment it's loaded, then you have to click on one of the controls in the tree before it appears.
acmedia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 5:26am
How about the grid control having an auto-resize event? It would be fired after it looses focus and if there's been a change in the contents the columns are resized to suit the contents.
homerlh View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homerlh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 7:15am
Greetings,

First to acmedia, I've got some code I will share, if you like, that sets the column widths of the grid just after it sets the contents. As I'm filling the INFO to put into the grid, I check each field to the minimum as well as to the data stored in the column. When I set the items, I next set the GPCOLWIDTHS. It's not perfect since there is not a 1 to 1 correlation between how many characters are in a given field and the width of the field.

Next - GED & WED. I'm using GED to create and edit a report for a client. I just created a LIST item and click on Edit-Code for CLICK and sure enough, I was switched to the WED program at exactly the right position to do my editing.

Unfortunately, I generally run my monitors at a pretty high resolution. This one is at 1280 x 1024 AND I was not able to see the tiny little cursor.

Can you give us an option in WED for a BOX cursor as is done in AccuTerm?

Thanks,

Larry Hazel
acmedia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 6:02am
Wishlist: could there be two busy messages - one would be as it is now, a busy message while waiting for a response from the server, and the other would be a dropped into the debugger message.
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 9:31am
Hi All -

GUI version 1.3 is nearly ready for beta. Regarding some of the items in this topic that are addressed in the new release:

1) wED is a separate, but tightly integrated, application. Only a few wED enhancements are included in the new 5.3a AccuTerm release. We hope to introduce an updated wED sometime this summer, incorporating many of the requested enhancements.

2) Help hints (tooltip) are now available for tree nodes, grid columns, and individual grid cells.

3) The grid now has an AltColor property, to use for alternating row background color.

4) The grid now supports user-resizable columns (there is a new gpColSizable property). A Resize event is fired after the user resizes a column.

5) When a tree node is expanded or collapsed, a new Status event is fired.

6) When deleting an unused event handler, the extra asterisks should also be deleted, as long as they have not been modified (no new lines inserted or deleted, etc.)

7) When opening a project using GED, the application object is initially selected. Since this object does not (normally) have any visible interface, nothing shows in the layout window. When a MDI application is loaded, the app object does have a visible interface, so the MDI parent form is displayed in the layout window. This is by design.

8) Having two "busy" messages is not feasible - its very system-dependent how to recognize that a process is in the debugger vs. just crunching with a little garbage printed on the screen.

Thanks,

Pete

acmedia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 12:12pm
When creating a menu there's a drop down list of the ToolIDs which AccuTerm has built in routines for (exit, print, etc). Would it be possible for these to have default icons to go along with them? Perhaps a flag "use default", or the icon path is already filled in?
ProBlazer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProBlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 8:11am
Wish List - Please create a date picker control that's integrated into WED like a text box or command button is.  I'm aware of the datepicker available in the example codes section, but having this built in would be a great help.
CALIDORE View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALIDORE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2006 at 9:08pm

A new control similar to the text box control but with additional user runtime controls, much like the message box I used to key this in, i.e. features to modify font, color justification etc.

KMW
ProBlazer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProBlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 2:07am
please add a value in the event loop that will tell you the location(top,left) of the pointer.
pierre View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 5:39am
What I'd like to see in WED:

-Highlight 1 or more lines of code as 'bookmarks' so that you can quickly spot the piece of code you're working on as you're scrolling through the program.
-In the search feature add an option to highlight matches. Kind of like the search feature in Firefox. You can scroll through the page a quickly spot all matching strings.

Other than that, I'm loving it all.

Thanks Pete.
DewaltDakota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DewaltDakota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2007 at 2:15am

Update for wED Format feature:

The final "END" statement, located at the end of the program code should only be indented three positions, not six
homerlh View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homerlh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2007 at 3:07am
Hi Dewalt,

I like the program preamble (that stuff at the top that includes PROGRAM and various comment lines) to be against the left margin. I like line numbers or statement labels to be against the left margin. I like everything else indented and formatted. BUT, I like the final END statement against the left margin.

So, what I do, is temporarily insert a line after the preamble which reads

IF 1=1 THEN

and then I format the code with a margin of x characters and an indent of x characters (x is sometimes 2, sometimes 3).

That way, I get exactly what I want and if I forget to remove the IF 1=1 THEN line at the top, no harm no foul.

Larry Hazel
homerlh View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homerlh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 8:51am
Greetings,

I just hit a snafu in WED that I forget about until it happens then I wonder why it happens.

I'm debugging a particularly annoying program with lots of similar variable names. I was going to add one of the variable names as a USER variable, to get it highlighted. Unfortunately, the variable name has periods contained therein.

Wed tells me that I cannot have a period as part of a user variable name.

Is it possible that this can be changed?

Thanks,

Larry Hazel
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 2:42am
Larry - the current version (1.4.107) allows some punctuation characters in user keywords. Periods are OK, but parens, comma, semicolon and blank are not.

Thanks,

Pete
homerlh View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homerlh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 6:08am
Pete,

Boy - do I wish I had upgraded before I asked the question.

Thanks for the update.

I'll upgrade now.

Larry Hazel
CALIDORE View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALIDORE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 4:29am

Version Control for each Form.

I would like to declare the version number of the form in Ged which would then checked by ATGUIRUNMACRO to determine if the form on the client's cache needs replacing.
KMW
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic