Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > GUI Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedNew Features Wish List, Next GUI Version

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 5:11am
Hi Calidore -

If you would like to maintain a timestamp for each form, each form needs to be in its own macro. Calling ATGUIRUNMACRO will check/validate the cache automatically. But you would need to call ATGUIRUNMACRO for each form individually, rather than combining a bunch of forms in a single macro.

Thanks,

Pete
usaeagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usaeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 3:14am
Ability to change the color of Tree control text items.

When using the Tree control I would like to see the ability to be able to change the text color.  So if I have a menu and the user does not have permission to run the menu item, I would like to still show those items on the menu, but have the text in a different color.
CALIDORE View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALIDORE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 12:32am

Access privilege control on menus, toolbars and all control items.

Possibly add a grid to each controls properties, which would have a security code range of say 1-99, with the ability to specify the access control for each code, e.g. Full, Read-Only, Disable, Hide etc.

When the form is built the access code for the current user would be passed to ATGUIRUNMACRO and the form would be modified with the relevant access restrictions.

KMW
mlucas67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlucas67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2007 at 3:03am
On detecting when in the debugger...

What if the Windows side of the AccuTerm GUI watched for the typical prompts that the debugger uses on various systems, then after a bit of waiting if nothing else happens send a ? to see if you get the proper response from the debugger.  If so then display Debugger Active (maybe even give a GUI interface to the debugger prompt so wouldn't have to switch back to AccuTerm, but could step through code in GUI).

Something along that line might work, I would have to see the Windows code first to determine exactly how you detect the "stalled" condition.

Marshall
begoodwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote begoodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2007 at 8:25am
The green screen version of acccuterm can be made bigger or smaller by draging the corner of the screen, but the GUI version does not have that feature. Is it posible that it might in the future?
Bryce
Bryce
CALIDORE View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALIDORE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 9:36pm

Include a new property (for multi-line text boxes) to assign the maximum number of characters per line before word wrapping to a new hard CR line.

bneylon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bneylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 3:45am
I would like an option with "Save As" in the WED editor.  I would like to save as, but to stay in the record I am in rather than switching to the saved as program.  We save a version of programs we update into an "OLD" file with the ID with the date appended.  I can save as BP.OLD ID.07232007, but then I am editing ID.07232007, I want to remain with ID.

Thanks,
Bruce
mikkane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikkane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 10:38pm
Wishlist item: Can a validate event supply the control's previous value as well as the changed value?
Mark
dynamic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2008 at 7:26am
I saw this back on page 1, but I think it's worth repeating. Allow roping or multiple selection of controls in the GUI Designer. This will allow you to drag related controls around the form. Makes inserting a control much easier than moving all subsequent controls on at a time.
dynamic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 5:19am

This is not a major thing. A Line object would be nice. You could use it to divide a form up. Flat or 3d option on it.

Andy
CALIDORE View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALIDORE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 12:04am

Option for the FTD Status Window to be a Windows Dialog Window to allow the user to monitor progress.

KMW
mikkane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikkane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2008 at 2:01am
Originally posted by CALIDORE CALIDORE wrote:

A new control similar to the text box control but with additional user runtime controls, much like the message box I used to key this in, i.e. features to modify font, color justification etc.

I too would like this feature, preferably a control which accepts and passes back HTML code.
Mark
w_godsoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w_godsoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2008 at 6:12am
How about a control that is an equivalent to the MS heirarctical grid. This control would lend itself to multivalue drill downs.
pholmes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pholmes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 3:32am
In reference to Deech's desire to be able to manipulat emultiple controls at a time in the GED: I was sorry to see that this is not in the new release - I would find this of great benefit as well, Deech
dynamic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2011 at 2:19am
How about an option for ATGUIMSGBOX that would allow for a check box with a caption. I would use it for a "do not show this message again" option.

I just came here to request this and saw I did it last month so it must be something I could really use.

You could add 100 to the style argument to make the check box appear, and add 100 to the response argument if the box is checked. That would make the call compatible with older versions.
dynamic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 3:05am
Sizable column option in list boxes like we have in grids would be nice.
dynamic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2012 at 6:50am
A new tab in control properties called "Notes" for programmer notes. It would just contain a free form text box that we can make notes in.
dkramer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2012 at 10:31am
More of an annoyance, scrolling left to right on a grid control snaps to the edges of the column rather than smoothly scrolling in either direction. For example if you have two columns in a grid control with a width of 200. Column 1 is 400 wide and Column2 is 10. If I scroll right Accuterm's GUI automatically snaps to Column2 so I have no way of seeing the hidden remaining 200 characters of Column 1. Please can you fix this for us? Thanks!
rkgozar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkgozar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2012 at 6:22am
Please add control "anchor" properties (like Visual Studio) so when the user resizes a form, the controls can maintain their proper position and grow/shrink. I currently have this implemented using the resize event, but that of course requires a round trip to the server to update the control locations and sizes.
dynamic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 1:53am
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to request a change in WED, but I'm sure it will be seen. Please add a toolbar button and / or function key that would simply put "IF GUIERRORS<1> >= 2 THEN GOTO GUI.ERROR" into a line. I can't tell you how many times a day I either type that or paste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic