Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Connectivity
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedSSH unexpected or malformed message

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrafael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SSH unexpected or malformed message
    Posted: April 20 2005 at 5:20am
when use the connection type secure shel, originates an east error ssh protocol error (unexpected or malformed message)

Pd linux coneection
rrafael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrafael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 6:57am
the mentionable mind the address which you measured to solve the problem of connectivity with ssh, is nothing me could resover the problem of all way thank you very much.

pd:
my problem is

when use the connection type secure shel, originates an east error ssh protocol error (unexpected or malformed message)

PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 10:00am
Hi -

Please see previous posting here.
Greg Schneider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Schneider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2012 at 7:38am

I am receiving the same error message. The link in the post is broken (I realize it is from several yers ago)

My case is I'm trying to use AccuTerm 2000 to do an SSH connection to a Red Hat Linux system. I receive 'SSH protocal error (unexpected or malformed messages).

Thanks...
YAMAKITA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YAMAKITA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2014 at 1:08am
I am receiving the same error message, I am using accuterm 7 in WINDOWS 8.
I've working fine several weeks since today , when I try to connect and receive the error "ssh protocol error (unexpected or malformed message)"

I've tried to uninstall and install again accuterm, but it don`t works.

I can connect with putty ok and with Winscp too , but with accuterm 7 I can't.

I've installed acuterm 2k2 and I have the message "ssh cipher initialization failure."

I know its something in my computer but I donīt know what

Thanks
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2014 at 3:21am
Hi Jose -

Are you running Windows 8.1, rather than Windows 8? Microsoft changes one of the crypto functions in 8.1 which broke AccuTerm's SSH. We released an updated version of AccuTerm 7 (release 7.1b) back in October 2013 which corrected this problem. Can you confirm the release of AccuTerm and Windows that you are using?

Thanks,

Pete
YAMAKITA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YAMAKITA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2014 at 6:36pm
Hi Peter
you are ok.

I havenīt read your news in asent's  web page , Sorry.

I'm running windows 8.1 since last microsoft upgrade. And my Accuterm version its 7.0 not 7.1. Perhaps this was the moment when I detected the problem. with windows 8.0 it work fine.

I'm going to download accuterm's last version and I'll try again.

Thank you very much
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2014 at 3:34am
Hi Jose -

Your 7.0 key will work fine with 7.1 - just download the update and install it.

Thanks,

Peter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic