Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Installation & Setup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedF Key setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwmsfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F Key setup
    Posted: March 21 2005 at 11:49pm
According to all I have read, this should work yet it doesn't; any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
I am try to program an F key to perform the following commands:

enter
escape
input the letter 'W'
enter
input the string '1001'
enter
enter
enter

This should be: ^M^[W^M1001^M^M^M

Thanks in advance!
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 11:53am
Hi -

I copied your string to my F1 key:
^M^[W^M1001^M^M^M
and used a keyboard diagnostic program to check the response from the key and it worked perfectly for me. Perhaps there is a timing issue on the host. Here's a script you can use to check it out:
Sub Main()

x=Chr(13) & Chr(27) & "W" & Chr(13) & "1001" & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & Chr(13)
For i=1 To Len(x)
ActiveSession.Output Mid(x,i,1)
Pause 1
Next i
End Sub
Copy this script from the forum and paste into the script window (Tools->Script). Use Window->AccuTerm from the script menu to switch back to the AccuTerm window and get your AccuTerm session to the place where you want to enter this function key. Instead of pressing the F1 key, switch back to the script window and press the F5 key. This will run the script which will send each character to the host with a one second pause between each.

Thanks,

Pete
gwmsfl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwmsfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 2:33am
Awesome! That's what it was! Would there be any way to put a delay into the keyboard string or am I pushing my luck?
Thanks.
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 3:50am
Hi -

You can actually enter a simple script directly into the function key. You should identify where the delay is required - its probably not necessary between each character - then convert the sample script into a one liner. For example:
[ActiveSession.Output Chr(13) & Chr(27) & "W" : Pause 1 : ActiveSession.Output Chr(13) & "1001" & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & Chr(13)]

This example sends the first 3 characters, then waits a second and sends the rest. The colon (:) is a statement separator when several statements are on a single line. The open-bracket ([) and close-bracket (]) enclose the script and indicate to AccuTerm that the contents is to be executed as a script rather than transmitted to the host. This example is actually a single line - it may be displayed on multiple lines in your browser, but should be entered as a single line.

You also might want to experiment with the delay. "Pause 1" provides a one-second delay. For delays less than a second, use "Sleep nnn" instead, where nnn is the time in milliseconds to delay.

Thanks,

Pete
gwmsfl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwmsfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 1:18am
Thank you again! This will be very helpful!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic