Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Connectivity
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedInitial connection to D3 Windows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Initial connection to D3 Windows
    Posted: February 07 2020 at 4:21pm
Boot D3 Windows and connect an AccuTerm session. Depending on network latency, for whatever reason, we may see a pause for a few seconds:

Strap yourselves in, we're going deep...

Can anyone, ( Pete? ) tell us what exactly triggers that dialog? I mean, I'm guessing that there is an initial timeout of maybe 500ms, where if there is no response, the dialog is displayed and another attempt is made to connect on the socket with a longer timeout.

Different but related ... When D3 is first booted, and we connect to a telnet session, D3 requires a CRLF to activate the process and return the first request for a D3 User: "Enter your user id:". Logout/disconnect. Now the workspace is "primed" and on the next connection the CRLF is not required. Immediately on socket connection/negotiation we get the login prompt. I understand this is a D3 thing. Surprisingly I don't think I've seen this in D3 v10.3, maybe they finally did something about that.

My immediate challenge is to get a connection to D3 Windows as fast as possible, try to avoid the show/hide of the "connecting" dialog, and get to the login prompt quickly regardless of whether the PIB has been activated previously.

To handle the second part of that, I usually just force a CRLF on connection, then wait for the user prompt before sending a login sequence. The extra EOL gets by the described nuance and does not affect the login.

What I'm looking for is a way to streamline this process, understand exactly what's happening at a low level, and maybe use events or timeouts to know exactly what state the connection is in so that I can get code to react more quickly. ... And this might change depending on the version of D3 Windows, and maybe with other MV platforms and OS's.

Has AccuTerm been tuned to accommodate these nuanced behaviors with D3, specific versions, or other platforms?

Thanks!
Tony Gravagno Nebula Research & Development
TG@ Nebula-RnD . com
http://Nebula-RnD.com/blog
http://Twitter.com/TonyGravagno
http://groups.google.com/group/mvdbms
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/64935
rrafael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrafael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2022 at 2:44pm
good afternoon, how can I connect remotely with the acuterm to another machine directly to the pick, thanks rafael rivas
Shrek59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2022 at 1:05pm
Hi Rafael,

Go to www.rushflat.co.nz and download the book: Getting Started in OpenQM - Part 1.Have a read through sections 2 (Installation and Configuration) and the Appendix (Installation).

This book is really about OpenQM, but it deals with AccuTerm a lot too. Hopefully, there will be enough there to get you going.

Cheers,

Brian
rrafael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrafael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2022 at 10:30am
Buenas tardes, brian, gracias saludos
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic