Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Installation & Setup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedAT8 sessions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AT8 sessions
    Posted: December 01 2019 at 6:59pm
Hi Pete,

Here is an annoyance with the way that the "tear-off" sessions work in AT8.

I typically create two tabbed sessions onto our LIVE server on my notebook screen, with a second set of two tabbed sessions onto our TEST server on my external monitor. AT8 seems to treat these separate groups of tabs as a single instance. That is good when it comes to using FTPICK (which wouldn't work between separate AT instances on v7), but is REALLY annoying when it comes to wanting to display other applications over the top of one of the tabbed sessions.

Say I have a browser session over the top of one of the AT sessions. If I click on the exposed AT session on the other screen, then the hidden AT session (underneath the browser) jumps to the top. Typically, that is NOT what I want to happen. To prevent this happening, I have to minimise the AT group that is not in use - then I can click between the windows with things operating as expected.

I note that if I tear a tab off Firefox, the tabs operate totally independently. Clicking on one does not do anything to the other tab.

Is it possible to change the behaviour of AT8 so that this doesn't happen.

Thanks,

Brian
NEFURNMART View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEFURNMART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2020 at 11:02am
Pete shared with us a Windows Registry entry which allows AccuTerm V8 to act like V7 in which you can launch multiple independent instances of AccuTerm.  

The only negative to this is that tear off tabs will only work with the instance of AccuTerm that initiated the tab, and you cannot move a tab between independent instances.

Not a biggie though if your users prefer the multiple, independent instances of AccuTerm as you have described.
sbhenkel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbhenkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 2:47pm
It sounds like you're having the same problem I am.  I have the setting "Open session shortcuts in new window" checked off.  I also have 3 monitors.  I will routinely open one session on the left screen and another on the right.  As soon as I bring the session window on one of the monitors to the forefront, the other one also comes to the forefront on the other monitor, covering up other work I was looking at.  Will this registry hack you mentioned solve the problem?  If so, what is it?  This is very frustrating.
TonyG View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2020 at 3:10pm
I will +1 on this. I frequently have multiple sessions active and enjoy the ability to tear-off a session into another window. But when I reactivate window1, I don't want window2+ to open up as well.

Enhancement requested to suppress the default behaviour.
Tony Gravagno Nebula Research & Development
TG@ Nebula-RnD . com
http://Nebula-RnD.com/blog
http://Twitter.com/TonyGravagno
http://groups.google.com/group/mvdbms
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/64935
sbhenkel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbhenkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2020 at 3:13pm
I just found out today that Pete is working on a fix for this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic