Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Scripting & Automation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedList of programs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List of programs
    Posted: March 19 2019 at 6:53pm
I am fairly new to PICK system and was wondering if there was a way to retrieve a list of the programs that exist in the system. I was recently given access to use a WS command from within the system which prompted for a program name and then opened the whole program in a new window. I then happened to notice when I went to do a save as, there was a list of existing programs, similar to seeing a list of files when saving in a windows folder.

I believe the WS command engages the wED tool to edit a program within a text editor tool. If this tool can retrieve a list of programs, then I’m assuming those program names a retrievable somehow from some kind of system file??

Thanks
Shrek59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2019 at 2:29am
You haven't said which MV database you are using ... and it DOES make a difference.

Assuming you can get to the command prompt (and it sounds as if you can), then get a list of the files on the system using one of these commands:

LISTFILES      (PICK command)
   LISTF             (INFORMATION command)

Those commands will show you ALL the files in your current account, whether or not they are program files. You will need to figure out which files are program files, but ALL files respond to similar commands.

SORT filename

will show you the items in each file. Often, the program files will be named BP (for BASIC programs). So:

SORT BP

Now, say you want to edit several of the items in the BP file:

WED BP item1 item2 item3 etc
or
   SELECT BP WITH @ID = "WEB]"         (this will work on UniVerse in PICK flavour, but probably not in PICK)
   WED BP

This selects all items starting with "WEB" in the BP file, and creates a Select-List. WED then uses the Select-List and loads those items into the editor.

For multi-value questions like this, I suggest you ask them in the MVDBMS Google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/MVDBMS

Hopefully, that is enough to get you started.

Brian
jdb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2019 at 5:52am
Through some digging, it is a PICK database, which is NorthGate's REALITY DB.

Yes, this information was helpful in finding what I'm looking for.  I did discover 3 files, that look to have a list of programs in them.  Thanks for your help. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic