Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Green Screen
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedAccuTerm restores wrong screen block

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbhenkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AccuTerm restores wrong screen block
    Posted: June 22 2018 at 9:32am
(The following description of my problem has a lot of detail in it and may be hard to follow. Here's the bottom line. I issue a screen block restore command using a particular identifier but it actually restores a screen saved under a different identifier.)

I have been using AccuTerm's screen block save and restore function for a few years now with success. So far I had been using the same screen identifier in all my programs, "TEMP.SCREEN". According to the documentation it doesn't matter what it's called as long as there are no commas in it.

Well, I thought I would introduce the screen block save/restore function to a new program but since this program called other programs that already used the function (using "TEMP.SCREEN") I thought I would use a new identifier called "IC.DISPLAY". When I started testing the program I intentionally exercised functions that called those other programs. In the code, before going out to those other programs I would issue the save command using the new identifier and then issue the restore command after returning, again using the new identifier. This is the same method I had been using in all my other programs.

Here's the problem. When I returned to the main program after going out to the other programs that used their own instances of save and restore (using ("TEMP.SCREEN"), I would issue the restore command using the same identifier that I used on the save, "IC.DISPLAY". However it didn't restore the screen from the save command I used with "IC.DISPLAY". It restored one of (maybe the last) screens saved in the other programs using "TEMP.SCREEN". In other words, issuing the restore command using "IC.DISPLAY" restored a screen that was saved under "TEMP.SCREEN".

What seemed to eliminate the problem was to issue the third, previously unused screen block command, the delete command. At the beginning of the new program. I issued the screen block delete command using the old identifier "TEMP.SCREEN". The program then proceeded to do save and restores using the identifier "IC.DISPLAY". It seemed to work ok after that. Should that be required?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic