Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Installation & Setup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum Lockedlinux install

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale kelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: linux install
    Posted: January 17 2018 at 8:48am
I have installed Accuterm on my customer's workstations and have moved some "AT" programs to my BP file and used them successfully.  (Centos 6.8 & UV 11.3) I wanted to use WED so I created the FTBP and copied the contents, compiled and cataloged.  I can load and work small programs, but it hangs forever if I wait for it to "Open" the 500+ program file and it seems to just hang if I try a big 1000 line file.  I have not been able to find install process for the server side of linux.  What other stuff do I need to copy compile catalog or copy VOC's for?
dwk
Shrek59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2018 at 11:47am
I would think that the "normal" approach is something like:

* create an 'Accuterm' account in UV
 * LOGTO this account in AccuTerm
 * Make sure you are at the TCL prompt, then from the AccuTerm menu, choose:
        MultiValue > Host Programs > Install
 * Install everything
 * Once that is complete, run FTSETUP. Run option 1 (Account setup) and activate AccuTerm in your chosen accounts.

All facilities of AccuTerm should now be available in those activated accounts.

HTH,

Brian
dale kelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale kelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2018 at 1:08pm
Thanks Brian, I appreciate the procedure.  I may not have searched effectively, but couldn't find it.
dwk
dale kelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale kelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2018 at 7:29am
I went through the install process as described above, during the install I got this error after "LOAD-ACCUTERM-SUIBP" complete.
    Accuterm Script Error - Undetermined block error - Source line - End Sub
At some point in the install process I had to delete the FTBP I had established in the highway account.  I ran FTSETUP and named the highway account.  Now when I try to start WED from the toolbar I get the "Cannot open the ACCUTERMCTRL file."
Is it as simple as establishing a "F" pointer in the highway VOC?  Am I looking for it in highway or ACCUTERM?

dwk
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2018 at 8:15am
Hi Dale -

I'm not sure what went wrong in the initial install, but I would repeat the process again, in the ACCUTERM account. The FTSETUP program will copy all required Q pointers and catalog program items to the MD/VOC of the target account. If the script error occurs again can you post the version of AccuTerm you are using? 

Thanks,

Pete

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic