Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Connectivity
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedTelnet Drops - PPTP/VPN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeiChen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Telnet Drops - PPTP/VPN
    Posted: October 08 2004 at 4:35am
Hi

Iam connected to my server by PPTP/VPN. I sign into my accuterm using a telnet session. My VPN connection is always connected. But I get Dropped randamly while using the session. I have a NT server. Any suggestions? Thanks
Wei
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2004 at 4:48am
Hi Wei -

What version of AccuTerm are you running? What are you running on the NT host (D3, Universe, Unidata, etc.)? You may be able to enable keepalives, depending on the AccuTerm version and telnet server.

Thanks,

Pete
WeiChen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeiChen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2004 at 5:51am
Hi Pete,

Accuterm version - release 4.0e (4.0.145) Accuterm 2000
Nt host is running D3

Thanks

Wei
Wei
WeiChen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeiChen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2004 at 7:49am
Hi Peter

How would I enable keepalives in Accuterm 2k?

Thank you,
Wei
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2004 at 8:38am
Hi Wei -

Sorry - although AccuTerm 2000 supports keepalives, D3 NT does not get along with them. Keepalives are in the Advanced telnet settings on the Connection tab of the Settings dialog. If you enable them with D3 NT you will notice an entry in the NT error log every two minutes. After a couple of days the error log gets filled up. Try it if you want to be sure.

You may need to look at the stability of your VPN connection with some network monitoring tools.

Thanks,

Peter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic