Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Advanced Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedWED read-only mode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WED read-only mode
    Posted: January 04 2018 at 10:28am
I'm curious about the philosophy of WED "read-only" mode.  The main reason that I would use read-only mode is to look at a record without interfering with other processes that may need to read and possibly update that record.

However, I have discovered that WED always issues a READU lock when it reads a record, even if has been told to open a read-only copy.

Is there a reason for locking a record that WED does not allow the user to update?
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 12:48pm
Hi Auctor -

Looks like a contradiction in how wED is implemented. The READU happens because the option to use record locking in wED is enabled. It does make sense that read-only would override the locking option, but they are being handled independently. So wED opens the locked record in read-only mode. If another process had locked the record, wED would probably complain, but open the record after confirming to open in read-only mode.

Thanks,

Pete

Auctor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2018 at 8:26am
Is there any way to customize that behavior or is it just the way that ATWED32.EXE is coded?  I tried setting KMTCFG field 58 to 1 but it made no difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic