Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > File Transfer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedCertain item causes FTSEND to abort

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbhenkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Certain item causes FTSEND to abort
    Posted: April 20 2017 at 9:27am
I am trying to archive an old D3 file by using FTSEND to create text files on my pc for each D3 item.  I am using "*" for the item list to get all items.  It looks like it aborts when it encounters an item with a forward slash in the key.  I earlier tried doing a similar file transfer using old routines that came with a ViaDuct terminal emulator.  It aborted at the same spot.

Is the forward slash not allowed?  If so, are there any other characters that aren't allowed?  I know it would take a revision on your part to change the FTSEND to handle that character, or at least warn about it, but if I could get an idea of what characters aren't allowed I could at least move those out of the file or rename them before the transfer begins.
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2017 at 11:14am
Hi Steve -

The problem is that you are using the D3 item-ID as the Windows file name. There are several characters that are illegal in Windows file names: / \ * < > ? " | : are the obvious ones. Instead of using '*' as the HOST.IDS argument, you could create an AM delimited list of the IDs, and a corresponding AM delimited list of target file names for the REMOTE.FILES argument, substituting the illegal characters when creating the REMOTE.FILES variable.

Thanks,

Pete

sbhenkel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbhenkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2017 at 12:00pm
That's a really good idea.  However this file has too many items.  I might be pushing things if I told it to assemble 2 dynamic arrays, each having over 500,000 elements in them.  This time I guess I'll just have to select the ones that are "safe" and do them first.  The do a select of the bad ones last and use your idea.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic