Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > File Transfer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedHelp with ftexport attrs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote payling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with ftexport attrs
    Posted: May 03 2016 at 8:05am
Hello,

New to the forums and D3 / basic programing. I'm attempting to supply a list of attributes for the ftexport subroutine. What kind of data structure is used? Can someone explain to me how to create a multivalued list in D3.

* ATTRS = MULTIVALUED LIST OF ATTRIBUTES TO EXPORT. USE ATTRIBUTE
*               NUMBERS OR DICTIONARY NAMES, OR '*' (ASTERISK) FOR ALL
*               ATTRIBUTES, OR '+' (PLUS SIGN) FOR ALL ATTRIBUTES EXCEPT
*               THE ITEM-ID.

Thanks,

Paul Ayling
payling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote payling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2016 at 10:08am
The solution was much simpler than I thought... I had initially assumed ATTRS was some type of array or possibly a pointer to a item containing a list of attributes. I was wrong, it's just a string. The delimiter used to separate multiple attributes is CHAR(253) otherwise known as the bracket ] .

I'm sure discovering the above would have be trivial for a PICK / basic veteran but for a newbie the code documentation is not too friendly! O-well, problem solved and moving on...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic