Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Advanced Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedwED editor packet issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Fishel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wED editor packet issue
    Posted: June 04 2015 at 8:01am
I'm running Accuterm 7.1c (7.1.2014)on D3 system and I am having problems with wED hanging when trying to save any "large" program file. The save process consistently stops on line 369 of FTCLISVR (waiting for input). I've changed attr 51 of ACCUTERMCTRL file, KMTCFG item to AIX.

I've had the same issue using ATSETPROPERTY to send data to Excel that I can fix by never sending more than a limited data packet (I've arbitrarily set this at 1500 characters and it works). I'm guessing that it might be around a 2K packet.

Any ideas on how to fix because I'd love to use WED but can't justify the effort if I can't save the work.
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2015 at 9:46am
Hi Dave -

First, line 51 of KMTCFG should be PICK_AIX, not AIX. After changing this, you need to RUN FTBP FTCHK, and answer "Y" to compile/catalog. When this is set, I have never seen a problem on AIX from wED or GUI.

You can tweak some other settings to improve performance - look at the readme.txt file in the Pickbp sub-directory in the AccuTerm program directory.

Also, I have not heard of this on recent versions of AIX. What release are you running?

Thanks,

Pete

PS: in case you are interested, the problem appears to be caused by the telnet server or possibly the process that reads from the telnet server on AIX. When excess data is available above some threshhold, AIX just discards the excess data. AccuTerm is relying on the built-in flow control of TCP to guarantee error-free delivery of its messages, but when a message arrives at the INPUT statement in FTCLISVR, sometimes its truncated.

Dave Fishel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Fishel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2015 at 9:59am
Thanks Pete. I wished I'd have asked this months ago.
troyd1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyd1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2016 at 6:17am
I am running into a similar issue.  I have a client that I have created downloads for that automatically run and they will just intermittantly hang before any dialogs even pop up and it is stuck in CTCLISVR at line 375.  They are on a universe box runiing pick type of PICK.  the kermit configure says:
KERMIT File Transfer Utility

(S)end, (R)eceive, (C)onfigure, (O)ptions, (H)elp or (E)xit ? C

Current parameter settings are:
    1. Source buffer index........... 250
    2. Maximum packet size........... 94
    3. Retry attempts before failure. 10
    4. Timeout (seconds)............. 8
    5. Number of pad characters...... 0
    6. End-of-line character......... 13
    7. Control character prefix...... 35
    8. Eighth bit prefix............. 38
    9. Run-length prefix............. 126
   10. Use MCP conversion............ Yes
   11. Use eighth bit prefixing...... Yes
   12. Use run-length encoding....... No
   13. Transfer mode................. Text
   14. Preserve file extension....... Yes
   15. Overwrite existing item....... Yes
   16. Large item treatment.......... No action

Enter parameter number (1-16) to modify:

I also looked at the ACCUTERMCTRL KMTKFG and 51 has type ult in field 51.

Any suggestions?
Troy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2016 at 10:51am
Hi Troy -

If line 51 of KMTCFG is set to 'ULT' then the host programs are configured for Ultimate, not Universe platform. If your Universe system is running on AIX, then line 51 should be UV_AIX. Otherwise it should be UV. You should RUN FTBP FTCHK to update this, and recompile the programs for the correct platform type. FTCHK will prompt for the program file to update (FTBP), and for the platform type UV or UV_AIX, then compile option (Y/N). Please try this, then see if WED works better.

Thanks

Pete

troyd1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyd1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2016 at 12:28pm
I did a uname -a and got:

SH-4.2$ uname -a
Linux pedist 3.10.0-123.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon May 5 11:16:57 EDT 2014 x86_64 x86
_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I do not believe this is AIX.

So the pick type this is running does not matter because this system acts like an old pick system and not UV?  I think they were on Ultimate so to get their software to work, they set their pick flavor to PICK.  Is there a way that I can save the old settings before doing this in case something does not work?

Troy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2016 at 3:29pm
Hi Troy -

The UV platform type should work on all UV flavors, except maybe PI Open. You can always change it back by repeating the same process, but selecting ULT instead of UV for the platform.

Thanks,

Pete

lucasn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2017 at 10:27am
Hi Pete-

We used to run D3 on AIX but have been running in Linux for a few years now.
Still, I have seen this issue crop up from time to time on our system and wonder if we need to update our configuration.

Our ACCUTERMCTRL KMTCFG line 51 still says "PICK_AIX"  (line 52 says "2000").

While the FTPINSD3_AIX.TXT install script says "PICK_AIX," the FTPINSD3.TXT just says "PICK."

Should we set our KMTCFG line 51 to "PICK" and then run the steps you've outlined above to recompile our host programs?

Thanks!
Luke

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2017 at 3:50pm
Hi Luke -

You will get better performance if you use the non-AIX platform, as the AIX version is somewhat slower. I would change line 52 to null, and RUN FTBP FTCHK, press <Enter> at the file name prompt,  enter PICK as the platform, answer Y to compile / catalog programs. You should be good to go.

Thanks,

Pete

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic