Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > File Transfer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedKeeping Excel format?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTegen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeping Excel format?
    Posted: May 26 2015 at 12:46pm
I have a program that exports an Excel spreadsheet once a day.  The format for numeric columns with decimals for not formatted very well.  All trailing zeros after the decimal point are removed. ie. 1.250 becomes 1.25 etc.  I have to format all of the numeric columns every time I export the spreadsheet.

Is there a way to either:
1. keep the correct formatting on export.
2. Keep the format of the spreadsheet.  For example load the spreadsheet data into an existing formatted spreadsheet instead of overlaying the existing spreadsheet.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thomas Tegen
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2015 at 9:25am
Hi Tom -

If you use FTD or FTEXPORT with a target file name to a workbook file that exists and is pre-formatted, include the range in the target file. For example: C:\docs\mysheet.xlsx!1!A2:G99

Thanks,

Pete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic