Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Connectivity
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedSSH Server software for Windows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcmjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SSH Server software for Windows
    Posted: September 01 2004 at 2:23am
I would like to use SSH with Accuterm 2K2 to connect to our Windows 2000 and XP Professional and 2000 Server computers running D3.
What have people used for WIndows SSH server software? Any experiences to relate or security recommendations?
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2004 at 10:04am
Hi Joe -

The best recommendation I have for using SSH to connect to a Windows-based server is to set up a Linux server to act as a gateway. You can use a minimal machine. The user connects to the Linux machine using ssh, and telnets to the Windows machine. The process can be automated using a login profile on the Linux machine.

I have experimented with OpenSSH for Windows but have not been able to get it to work satifactorily. You could try it, but it likes to open a DOS command prompt on the server end, and changing that to a batch file that connects D3 using Windows telnet does not work properly.

Thanks,

Pete
pcmjoe View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcmjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2004 at 5:50pm
Hi Pete
Thanks for the info, though not what I wanted to hear!
Joe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic