Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > GUI Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedGrid Controls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grid Controls
    Posted: January 28 2004 at 4:04am
Iwas reading the technical articles in the Accuterm GUI and noticed some information on changing server side VB Controls. Specifically clicking the heading of a grid for sort oprtions and also possibly expanding the width of the grid like Excel. Can a 'core VB Control' be tweaked on the server side Basic programs to add these features. And if so what tables would need to be added to achieve this or progtrams changed on the server side Basic code ?
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 4:55am
Sorry - the controls used in AccuTerm GUI are limited to those compiled into the runtime engine and cannot be altered or added at runtime.

Clicking the column heading of a grid, list box or combo box is supported in the current GUI, by the ColClick event. The GridTutor sample program uses this event to trigger a popup menu which gives grid sort options.

The ability to resize columns is not currently available, but would be a nice enhancement.
Deech View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Moderator -- GUI Development

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 9:52am
Mike & Pete,

I agree with Mike, resizing columns would really be a nice feature to have. I also agree with Mike that their really should be some way to interface and get additional VB controls. If it is not possible to use regular VB controls what about ActiveX components.

Another Question I have is how would I get Accuterm GUI environment to display a dynamic graphic? Suppose I have some data that I would like to display a graph of, is there anyway to Build a Graph in the GUI environement?

Just thought I'd through my two cents in.

Thanks,

Deech
Accuterm GUI--Changing the Face of MV Development!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic