Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > File Transfer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum Locked"E +5User Abort

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "E +5User Abort
    Posted: June 25 2010 at 2:53am
I am trying to load a Microsoft .doc file into Universe on an HP Unix machine and I have followed all of the instructions on how to do this.  It shows the transfer as being complete but when I do a .L in Universe all I see is the above subject.  Any suggestions?
Thank you,
JCharles
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2010 at 5:13am
Hi John -

A .doc file is a binary file. Since you are running Universe, you should be able to use FT to upload the file. Be sure you set the transfer mode in FT to BINARY, and use the Kermit protocol. Also be sure the destination file is not a type 1 or type 19 (Unix directory) file, as Universe performs a translation of system delimiters when storing into directory files.

Thanks,

Pete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic