Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > GUI Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedWish List Features granted in AccuTerm 7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote symbion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wish List Features granted in AccuTerm 7
    Posted: April 04 2004 at 1:14pm
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
Drag & Drop capability. I know that this is complicated but I've asked Peter to look at sending us event information to let the developer actually control the result of the 'drag & drop'
symbion View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote symbion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2004 at 1:16pm
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
Icon and/or picture control facility within the Grid control.
PatrickL View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatrickL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2004 at 3:48am
AccuTerm 7 GUI "marquee style" progress bar
We could use a control to let the user know that background processing is taking place. The GAUGE works fine but it takes additional development to show progress. A simpler
method such as a auto-incrementing GAUGE or even a blinking COMMAND control would be work fine.

Thanks, Patrick
CALIDORE View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALIDORE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2004 at 9:46pm
AccuTerm 7 GUI Features
All of the following are available in mvDesigner, but for anyone who might have thought about using it, let me tell you, DON'T BOTHER Accuterm is far superior.

1. Coloured Control Buttons.
2. Transparent Background Colour.
3. Icons & Text on Control Buttons.
4. Numeric formatting within Text Boxes.
5. Use of colours in disabled Text Boxes.
6. Alignment of multiple objects within the GUI Designer.
7. Text formatting within Text Boxes, e.g. MCU MCT etc.
8. RETURN key to act like a click whilst in a List.
9. Icon & Picture field type in a grid.
10. List searches currently only work on the 1st character entered, can this be extended to multiple characters?

ACCUTERM is a superb product for us PICK programmers and continues to change the face of PICK Development.
rkgozar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkgozar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2004 at 1:19am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
New Feature: Timer control in GUI designer

I'd like a VB timer control to fire events at specified intervals. I'm looking to create "select in progress -- click to cancel" dialogs, but have no timer events to check if the select (or other lengthy processing) has completed.
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2004 at 5:02am
Hi Rex -

Adding a timer is not really necessary - you can simply use ATGUICHECKEVENT instead of ATGUIWAITEVENT in the event loop. CheckEvent returns with an event code of zero if no event occurs before the specified timeout.

Also, beware that the host process is single-threaded, and if you EXECUTE a select (or some other long operation), the host program will not be able to respond to the event until the EXECUTE completes.

Thanks,

Pete
rkgozar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkgozar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2004 at 5:16am
ATGUICHECKEVENT would work, but it wouldn't be as structured. I was hoping to create a program to fire off a phantom, show the "progress" window, and use the timer/cancel events to check for phantom completion and/or user cancellation.

I'll try to work it out with ATGUICHECKEVENT. Thanks!
Jeanette View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2004 at 5:39am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature - transparent background
Is it posible to add a property like border color and background style (transparent or opaque) to objects like frames, pictures (or images)? Border color could apply to almost any control. By the way, when are we looking for the next 'new release'?

Thanks,

Jeanette
www.mindsview.com
bneylon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bneylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 7:40am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
I did a search for this and came up with one hit, where Pete says it would be a nice feature. I would like the ability to resize a column in a grid. Something like Excel column resize. Figured this should be included on the wish list.

Bruce
alonvega View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alonvega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 2:52am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
I would like to skip a "label" column in a grid. If the focus is in col1, and the col2 is a label column, when I finish in col1 I would like to jump to col3.

My great problem with GUI Accuterm is the lose of characters. A input character is lose when the program updates other field. I would like very much this problem was solved in the next release.

Thanks,
Marcos
Deech View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Moderator -- GUI Development

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 4:37am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
Control: Tree

New Event: Expand

Description: The expand event would be triggered when the user clicks on the + or - sign on a tree control. Doing this will allow the dynamic changing of the icon property. i.e. changing a Closed Folder to an Open Folder icon when expanding a branch.

Deech
CALIDORE View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALIDORE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 10:28pm
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
Text strings that include a "&" character are being displayed in labels as "_".
Deech View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Moderator -- GUI Development

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 1:44pm
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature (2K2 as well)
Tool tip help (Mouse over help) on tree control items nodes. This would allow some help text to be displayed if this control were being used as a main menu.

Deech
CALIDORE View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALIDORE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 8:35pm
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature (also 2K2)
Ability to specify the alternate row background colour on a grid.

I do this manually at the moment but it has an overhead especially when deleting or inserting a row to the grid.
hemiii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hemiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2006 at 1:51am
Hey Calidore,

I second that one. I remember trying to load up the 'SETPROPS' array with alternating row and column color information and having no success. I think I finally ended up making individual SETPROP calls to specific grid/column coordinates. So, for my purposes, if SETPROPS was able to load multiple color designations to a grid in one call, I'd consider that a real boon!
Harold E Miller III (Trey)
acmedia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 5:47am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
Could the "Update Code" box be resizable? Many times the name of a control is too long to be completely shown in the Missing or Unused Events sections.

in AccuTerm 7 there is a tooltip that shows the full name for each item in the list
ProBlazer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProBlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 8:29am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
Wish List - Please add the ability to control the tab order of controls, something like the TabIndex Property  that VB uses for controls would be ideal.

There is no TabIndex property - the order of creation (order in the project tree) controls tab order - but there is a TabStop property that can be used to remove a control from the tab order
LiveBlues View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiveBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 8:48am
You can control the tab order by the order in which you add the controls. If you want to change the tab order, in the tree on the right, just drag the control and place it in the list where you want it. Hope that makes sense.
ProBlazer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProBlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 3:03am
yes that does make sense.  i knew the order on which you created your control determined the tab order, but I had no idea the order of the control tree determined tab order.  THANKS
bneylon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bneylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2006 at 2:00am
AccuTerm 7 GUI Feature
Another wish list item for WED.  "Uncomment selected lines" to remove ! as well as *.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic