Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Installation & Setup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedAccuTerm & thin clients

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judge_84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AccuTerm & thin clients
    Posted: November 24 2008 at 5:41am
We're an auto parts company running Wyse 50 terminals. After years of trying, I convinced the owers it's time to switch away from 56k leased lines and move on to an actual T1 for our 6 remote locations. We're still using Wyse 50 terminals, and since the auto parts industry has finally embraced the internet, I'd like to put in thin clients. Here at the host site we're on Windows pc's connecting to a system running jBase & Redhat Linux using AccuTerm. The people that write and maintain our invoicing, ordering, etc software want us to buy a specific thin client through them, but I believe we can do it better and cheaper using some of the other thin clients available out there; say Wyse thin clients. Is AccuTerm easy to install or can be it installed on Wyse thin clients? This is very new to me, but I really don't want to have to buy these thin clients through our software people.
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 6:42am
Hi Judge -

Some thin client terminals are based on Windows CE, other on XP. If you are planning on installing AccuTerm on the thin client terminal, it must be XP. AccuTerm does not run under CE. If you are running Windows Terminal Server, AccuTerm runs on the server, so it does not matter which thin client you use, as the thin client really only runs remote desktop in that scenario. You should see if the hardware vendor will let you try before you commit, just to be sure.

Thanks,

Pete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic