Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > File Transfer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedAny limit on rows downloaded for Excel?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any limit on rows downloaded for Excel?
    Posted: January 21 2008 at 11:03pm

Does an Excel download in 2K2 have any limits concerning the number of rows?  In a recent test I was doing, I wanted to see what would happen when exceeding 65000 rows.  A warning showed but the data appeared fine.  Am I correct in that the row warning is just that, a warning?

PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 6:08am
Hi rsine -

I suspect that there is a limit, but it is a limit imposed by Excel, not by AccuTerm. AccuTerm sends a temporary text file, then uses automation to import the data into Excel. The limit might vary based on the version of Excel that is installed.

Thanks,

Peter
rsine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 4:58am
Paul,

I get an Overflow error when I download to Excel (xls) and the file is cut off at 65536 rows.  This is the limit of Excel 2003 and prior.  However, I am running Excel 2007 with has a million rows.  Thus, based on what you stated, I should be able to get beyond the 65K rows, correct?  I only have the one version of Excel installed so there should be no conflicts with another versions settings.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 5:05am
Hi rsine -

It is possible that some functions of Excel 2007 are still limited to 65K rows. AccuTerm uses the Excel function "OpenText" to convert the tab-delimited text file into an Excel worksheet. Maybe OpenText is still limited to 65K rows.

Thanks,

Pete
rsine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 5:26am

What can I do?  Will this issue be addressed in future upgrades?

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2008 at 5:26am
Hi Rsine -

I found the problem with the 65K row limit in Excel 2007. It will be fixed in the next release, but you will need to use .xlsx file format. Old .xls file format is limited to 65K rows.

Thanks,

Pete
rsine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2008 at 10:02pm
Thank you Pete.  How soon until the next release? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic