Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Code Samples
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedDate Picker (GUI) provided Free

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alangrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Date Picker (GUI) provided Free
    Posted: September 08 2004 at 7:00pm
Free GUI DATE.PICKER Utility

Provided By: Alan Gruskoff - Performant Systems, alang@performantsystems.com

Download the ZIP bundle at http://www.performantsystems.com/DATEPICKER.zip

An BASIC code item DATE.PICKER and associated GUI Template DATE.PICKER are included to provide a graphicly based Date Selection screen. When this popup window is shown, it first displays the current month, with today's date in a Red background. The user can then click arrow buttons to move the month forward or backward in time, selecting a date of interest with a Double-Click on that date as shown on the calendar grid. This selected date is then passed back to the calling application for use as a valid date as shown by the "Resulting Date" on the screen shot.

An example of a calling program that would take advantage of this feature by showing the use of the Date Picker popup window is included as the BASIC code item TEST.DATE.PICKER and associated GUI Template TEST.DATE.PICKER. A single line of code calls DATE.PICKER which returns a valid Pick style internal date or a null if the user Quit the popup window.

Installation
Both BASIC code items should be placed in your programs file, compiled and cataloged. The associated Template items should be placed in your GUI Templates file. Feel free to rename that GUI Templates file in the BASIC code as your system requires.

Classes are available
Note that this utility is provided within the set of examples in Performant System's Accuterm GUI Development Class described HERE
Multivalue Database, AccuTerm GUI Developer and Instructor.
Pasadena CA (626) 768-2648
piotr View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piotr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 5:57am
2005-07-19_125620_EuroDatePicker.zip

I enclose a slightly modified Alan's Date Picker (European Date Format).

Piotr
alangrus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alangrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 6:56am
Jenkuye Piotr!

My mother (Lutomski) speaks Polish and will be glad to know about this. Now here is a great example of international co-operation using Open Source. We all benefit.

Nice work Piotr in Krakow, Poland
- Alan Gruskoff

Originally posted by piotr piotr wrote:

2005-07-19_125620_EuroDatePicker.zip

I enclose a slightly modified Alan's Date Picker (European Date Format).

Piotr

piotr View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piotr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 4:58am
Due to changes in OpenQm's date processing I suggest the following modification in DatePicker's code:

In place of:

IF ICONV(TEST.DATE,"D4-") = "" THEN END.OF.MONTH = 1

use:

IF TEST.MONTH # CURR.MONTH THEN END.OF.MONTH = 1
piotr View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piotr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 5:02am
I forgot one line before:

TEST.MONTH = OCONV(ICONV(TEST.DATE,"D"),"DM")

pierre View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 4:58am
Hi,

The download URL does not work:

http://www.performantsystems.com/DATEPICKER.zip

Is there another URL to download this file?

Thanks
alangrus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alangrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 5:19am

My bad, moved my server and forgot this file.

http://www.performantsystems.com/DATEPICKER.zip

is in place now.

pierre View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 1:01pm
Thanks, great little utility.
LiveBlues View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiveBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2006 at 3:58pm
I'll agree. It is a great utility that I use here and there. Thanks Alan!
Tim Bristow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Bristow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 5:24am
Great Utility Thanks.
Can I suggest a slight change on entering the dialog routine to set the date as follows:-
Old Code
PASS.DATE = ""
*-->BEGIN GUI HEADER<--*
$INCLUDE GUIBP ATGUIEQUATES
* Add your equates here...
TODAY = OCONV(DATE(),"D4-")

New Code
IF PASS.DATE = "" THEN
   TODAY = OCONV(DATE(),"D4-")
END ELSE
   TODAY = OCONV(PASS.DATE,"D4-")
   PASS.DATE = ""
END
*-->BEGIN GUI HEADER<--*
$INCLUDE GUIBP ATGUIEQUATES
* Add your equates here...
* TODAY = OCONV(DATE(),"D4-")

That way the currently held date can be set on entry.
homerlh View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homerlh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 8:37am
I like this date picker routine. I have used it in several programs and it works wonderfully well. I think I will take a look at the extra code just entered. I often use it to select a beginning date and an ending date of a report. It would be nice to have the ending date start with the beginning date rather than today.

Good coding!
Larry Hazel
alangrus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alangrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 8:48am
Glad this simple utility provides some value. As it was provided as Open Source, its yours to muck around with as you see fit. With the main structure in place, feel free to migrate that to a version that does specifics you need.

- Alan Gruskoff
homerlh View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homerlh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 1:20pm
I work at a client that has some web based screens that has a date GUI to choose a date and they crabbed at me until I found your routines. Up to now, I had inserted the code and the forms directly into the source because I did not know how to do a proper dialog. I have learned how to do a dialog and may change this to be a true dialog. That's probably the way you wrote it, but I did not know how to use it.

Thanks. I really like it. It's very slick.
Larry Hazel
alangrus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alangrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 1:38pm
Good to know, Larry. Thanks for your report.

This was just an hour of coding, knowing MV date math is quite easy and having some skills with the GUI parts.

You could certainly make changes to the routine to pass in a certain date and show that date as default instead of today.
rirani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rirani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2015 at 9:22am
Hello everyone!

Is this above site still up?  I cannot access it to download DATEPICKER.zip.  Would someone be kind enough to either email me file (rirani@4dSolutionsGlobal.com) or let me know where the new code may be?!

Thank you in advance :)
Shrek59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2015 at 7:04pm
Hi,

I'll try uploading my version of this datepicker. It has been modified quite a bit from the original version posted.

uploads/522/DATEPICKER.zip

I've stripped out a bit of stuff which is unique to our installation and updated the code to compensate for those changes - so hopefully it still compiles OK. We run this on UniVerse, but apart from @TRUE and @FALSE, I don't think there will be any UV specific keywords.

Cheers,

Brian
rirani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rirani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2015 at 7:23am
Thank you, Brian!  I will utilize your code...Thanks to Peter who emailed me the original zipped file :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic