Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Connectivity
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum Lockedssh connection immediately drops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ssh connection immediately drops
    Posted: August 10 2016 at 7:26am
We had to rebuild a Fedora Linux server. It is now Fedora 24 64bit. Now when I try to connect via Accuterm I enter the user name and password and then the connection immediately gets terminated. I am running Windows 10 and Accuterm 7.1c and was able to connect to this server when it was Fedora 21. We gave this server the same name and the same IP address as the previous server.

I can ssh from an AIX server to this server and I can use putty to ssh to this server so I know ssh is working on the server.

Is there somewhere in the registry or in and Accuterm directory where an old ssh fingerprint is stored that is causing this issue? If not, do you have any other ideas?
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2016 at 8:14am
Hi Brian -

OpenSSH 6.8 introduced a new behavior that caused AccuTerm ssh connections to fail. This was fixed in AccuTerm release 7.1c-sp1 (release 7.1c-sp2 is the current release). Please give the updated version of AccuTerm a try and see if that fixes your problem.

Thanks,

Pete

Brian Parker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2016 at 8:30am
As always, thank you for the quick reply and solution. That worked.

I remember having to install version 7.1c to address a previous SSH change. I will try to remember to look for an upgrade or service patch if something like this happens again.
ctafret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctafret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2017 at 8:26am
I'm getting the same issue with release 7.1c-sp2.  Our servers just updated to openssh 7.4p1 12.e17_4 and my symptoms are exactly what Brian described.
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2017 at 9:28am
Hi Kevin -

After reading your post, I upgraded one of my Centos 7 VMs to openssh 7.4p1 to check this out, but I do not have any problem on my test machine. Is there anything in the Linux logs that indicates why the connection is dropped? If no clues there, you can install the debugging version of AccuTerm 7 and run a log from AccuTerm. Contact me at accuterm at zumasys dot com for instructions.

Thanks,

Pete

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic