Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > GUI Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedNew Features Wish List, Next GUI Version

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TonyG View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Features Wish List, Next GUI Version
    Posted: December 16 2019 at 12:55pm
Yeah, figured, sorry.
"I don't know when that gets updated, if it's by a change in focus or if it's only set by Activate. That might be the change you're requesting."
Tony Gravagno Nebula Research & Development
TG@ Nebula-RnD . com
http://Nebula-RnD.com/blog
http://Twitter.com/TonyGravagno
http://groups.google.com/group/mvdbms
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/64935
Shrek59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2019 at 12:44pm
Nice try ... BUT it needs an event to fire before we can query the application for the current active control.

Most of the events I set are VALIDATE, CHANGE, or CLICK. And none of them will fire if we don't change any data. On that basis, your idea will only collect the list of controls that actually fired an event, which isn't really what I want.

Of course, I could set ACTIVATE events on all/most controls, and deal with it that way, but I don't really want to do that.

Thanks,

Brian
TonyG View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2019 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Shrek59 Shrek59 wrote:

Can this be exposed via a call like ATGUIGETACTIVE (maybe ATGUIGETPREVACTIVE, or ATGUIGETACTIVEHISTORY).
Brian, try something like this (pseudocode, system is not in front of me) :

CALL ATGUIGETPROP(APPID,NULL,NULL,GPSTATUS,1,0,ACTIVECONTROL,GUIERRORS,GUISTATE)
IF NOT(ASSIGNED(ACTIVECONTROLS)) THEN ACTIVECONTROLS=STR(@VM, 2 - 1) ; * always subtract one from desired element count
IF ACTIVECONTROLS<1,DCOUNT(ACTIVECONTROLS<1>,@VM)> # ACTIVECONTROL THEN ACTIVECONTROLS = DELETE(ACTIVECONTROLS,1,1) :@VM: ACTIVECONTROL

The GXROOT (application) object has the current active control. I don't know when that gets updated, if it's by a change in focus or if it's only set by Activate. That might be the change you're requesting.

ACTIVECONTROLS is a push/pop stack with 2 values. Whenever there is a difference in the currently activated control, it pushes the control name onto the back of the stack and deletes the first element. So the N-1th element is always the previous control and the last is always the current. I don't see a need for more than 2 elements, but if you set the number of initial value marks to 4-1, for example, that's 4 values that get rotated. (Line only gets executed once, more readable, no inefficiency.)

HTH
T
Tony Gravagno Nebula Research & Development
TG@ Nebula-RnD . com
http://Nebula-RnD.com/blog
http://Twitter.com/TonyGravagno
http://groups.google.com/group/mvdbms
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/64935
Shrek59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2019 at 4:53pm
Hi Pete,

There are (quite a few) occasions when I want to know which control was active PRIOR to the current control. This information is present in the ACTIVATE event for most controls, but I don't really want to put ACTIVATE (or DEACTIVATE) events on all controls just so that I can determine which was the previously active control.

I assume this information is maintained internally within the AccuTerm GUI. Can this be exposed via a call like ATGUIGETACTIVE (maybe ATGUIGETPREVACTIVE, or ATGUIGETACTIVEHISTORY).

Thanks,

Brian
lucasn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2017 at 1:45pm
Hi Pete-

Some properties to more directly control scroll positions in AccuTerm GUI controls would be helpful.

I have a use-case of a fixed-sized multi-select list box with contents based off a query.
A button kicks off another form to handle the multiple selections and, upon returning, the list box inevitably must be refreshed.

My users want the list box to "remember" the prior scroll position and selections (assuming they're still part of the list).
I can get close by re-selecting list items, but unless the list size is a nearly-exact multiple of list item size, the last selected item may not scroll completely into view.

Being able to get or set scroll positions with a 0 - 100 value would be very useful for something like this.

Thanks!

Lucas
Shrek59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2017 at 10:33pm
Hi Pete,

Here are a couple of suggestions for future enhancements to WED:

1. Add some kind of "intellisense" feature for MV syntax. For example, if you type in:

afield = FIELD(

then some hover text would appear showing the syntax for the FIELD function. An alternative to hover text would be for the user to press <enter> after the open parenthesis as a signal for WED to look up the function syntax. In this case, the syntax could be written to the line following the parenthesis.

Given that the different MV flavours have different functions and statements, it would be helpful if this was implemented like the keywords within WED. This would let users extend the initially defined set of functions/statements; or a variety of default sets could be provided to cater for different flavours.

2. This could be extended to look up the syntax of CALL'ed subroutines. When the user enters:

CALL MYSUB(<enter>

WED makes a call back to the server to get the syntax of MYSUB and places it on the line after the parenthesis. Clearly, this assumes some method of getting the path back to the source code from the VOC/MD entry or the local or global catalog. QM has the !FINDPROG subroutine to do this for you, but I'm not aware of an equivalent in UV.

Adding these functions would make WED an even better editor for MV programming.

Cheers,

Brian Speirs

Shrek59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2016 at 12:55pm
Hi Pete,

I'm usually working with multiple monitors. These typically have different screen sizes and/or different resolutions than my notebook screen. This means that something that looks well sized on one screen may appear too small or too large on the other screen.

It would be nice if WED had some font size change buttons on the toolbar so that I could quickly change the size of the font after moving from one screen to another.

Cheers,

Brian
lucasn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2016 at 4:03pm
Hi Pete,

If it were possible to support GESTATUS on Picture controls as is done with command buttons, things like clickable maps could be developed without exhibiting the button motion.

Thanks,

Lucas
Shrek59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 4:02pm
Hi Pete,

Multiple monitors are pretty standard in most workplaces now. It would be pretty handy if dialog boxes could appear on the same monitor as the parent application.

Actually, what I'm really referring to here are secondary forms defined within the application. The first time you display one of these forms (any form really), it will appear on the main monitor - even if you've already moved the main form to a second monitor.

Likewise, an ATGUIINPUTBOX will also always appear on the main monitor.

It would be really nice if any forms being displayed could appear on the same monitor as the primary form of the application.

Cheers,

Brian Speirs
Shrek59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 3:50pm
Hi Pete,

Would it be possible to enhance the checkbox control to allow a tri-state display. i.e. True, False, or indeterminate?

Thanks,

Brian Speirs
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 3:33am
Snippets are definitely on the "wish list" for wED, and would be the proper way to handle this.

Pete
rkgozar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkgozar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 2:57am
Instead of typing or pasting the entire line, create a literal equate.

It may be nice to have a code snippet library that can insert code with a couple keystrokes.
dynamic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 1:53am
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to request a change in WED, but I'm sure it will be seen. Please add a toolbar button and / or function key that would simply put "IF GUIERRORS<1> >= 2 THEN GOTO GUI.ERROR" into a line. I can't tell you how many times a day I either type that or paste it.
rkgozar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkgozar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2012 at 6:22am
Please add control "anchor" properties (like Visual Studio) so when the user resizes a form, the controls can maintain their proper position and grow/shrink. I currently have this implemented using the resize event, but that of course requires a round trip to the server to update the control locations and sizes.
dkramer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2012 at 10:31am
More of an annoyance, scrolling left to right on a grid control snaps to the edges of the column rather than smoothly scrolling in either direction. For example if you have two columns in a grid control with a width of 200. Column 1 is 400 wide and Column2 is 10. If I scroll right Accuterm's GUI automatically snaps to Column2 so I have no way of seeing the hidden remaining 200 characters of Column 1. Please can you fix this for us? Thanks!
dynamic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2012 at 6:50am
A new tab in control properties called "Notes" for programmer notes. It would just contain a free form text box that we can make notes in.
dynamic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 3:05am
Sizable column option in list boxes like we have in grids would be nice.
dynamic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2011 at 2:19am
How about an option for ATGUIMSGBOX that would allow for a check box with a caption. I would use it for a "do not show this message again" option.

I just came here to request this and saw I did it last month so it must be something I could really use.

You could add 100 to the style argument to make the check box appear, and add 100 to the response argument if the box is checked. That would make the call compatible with older versions.
pholmes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pholmes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 3:32am
In reference to Deech's desire to be able to manipulat emultiple controls at a time in the GED: I was sorry to see that this is not in the new release - I would find this of great benefit as well, Deech
w_godsoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w_godsoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2008 at 6:12am
How about a control that is an equivalent to the MS heirarctical grid. This control would lend itself to multivalue drill downs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic