Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Installation & Setup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedInstallation Organization

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shrek59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installation Organization
    Posted: June 25 2019 at 2:20pm
Hi Larry,
There are two essential components to an AccuTerm GUI application:

The first is the GUI template. You can store this wherever you like. The AccuTerm samples are stored in file GUIAPPS, but you can store them in whatever file name you like. I would suggest using a directory file rather than a hashed file, but that is a detail.

The second is the events handler. As a BASIC program, this is traditionally stored in the BP file, but once again, you can choose to store it wherever you like.

From that basic structure, you can go wherever you like. You don't actually need a template ... you can generate all your GUI components from the BASIC code. However, for most purposes, using a template and building the GUI via the macro is the most convenient way of doing things.

If your project uses resources that aren't included with AccuTerm (e.g. icons), then think about where these are stored and how you ensure each client that uses the application can find the icons.

Check out "Getting Started in OpenQM - Part 2" available from www.rushflat.co.nz ; That deals with building a GUI application in AccuTerm. It is somewhat dated now, but is still a useful guide.

HTH,

Brian
LarryLaswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryLaswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2019 at 12:41pm
This is a two-part question.

1.  I am still struggling with terminology as it relates to locations.  Where is the project stored?  To ACCUTERM what is a project?  How does a project relate to the basic ACCUTERM login? Beneath the project where are the GUI elements stored and how (as in in a PIC file or a DOS directory?)  Where are the basic elements stored and how? In what way does accuterm refer to these locations on disk on screens and documentation?  In short I can't figure out what where or why I am storing project components.  How does all of this relate to the actual account i am working in?
2.  I am developing a four-part application using QM and Accuterm.  Each part of the application can and will be sold separately.  The first part is required, but someone can them purchase the other parts. This means that I have to keep the GUI code (screens and basic) as well as the basic code in my application parts separate separate?  From those experienced in Accuterm, what are your suggestions for organizationing the program and screen libraries?
Larry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic