Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > File Transfer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum LockedwED error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott ballinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wED error
    Posted: February 12 2019 at 10:54am
When I use wed to edit two or more programs, e.g. wed bp prog1 prog2, or if I use a select list with wed, the first program does not load; instead I get the error "The requested operation could not be completed. Packet size error!" and then wed proceeds as expected with the 2nd (and subsequent) program(s).

at version 7.3a (ssh)
wed version 7.1.2033
D3 10.2.0.LINUX
CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core)
scott ballinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott ballinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2019 at 10:59am
Note that this only seems to happen with large (>50K) programs.
scott ballinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott ballinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2019 at 12:55pm
Problem solved! It turns out it was really only one program that was causing this, and the culprit was a piece of displayed text that was imported from a word document that had some weird non-displayed character in it (it compiled and ran fine, I could edit it with Jet or ed, but could not open it in wED ?!)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic