Rocket Software Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AccuTerm Knowledge Base (read only) > Connectivity
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The AccuTerm forum has moved. Go to community.rocketsoftware.com to register for the new Rocket forum.

Forum Lockedpdf displays on workstation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dale kelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale kelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pdf displays on workstation
    Posted: September 24 2018 at 6:21pm
OK here's the solution I found on the display.  In my UniVerse program when the user choses this option for a county bridge; to look at the bridge inspection pdf sent by the state, the program constructs a key to the file and
   PRINT CHAR(027):CHAR(002):"> acrord32 Y:":construct:".pdf"
where Y: is mapped to the appropriate directory on each workstation.  That cranks up acrobat reader on the workstation and he opens the file.
dwk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale kelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2018 at 3:21am
Hi Pete,
I don't know if I mean tunneling or not.  My pick program shells out the "xpdf" command and as I recall routes it to the workstation (on the same network), by ip address.  It's an application that has been quiet but management wants it to come back to life.
Dale
dwk
PSchellenbach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSchellenbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 3:29pm
Hi Dale -

Do you mean "tunneling" when you refer to putty x11 transfer? AccuTerm ssh does not support tunneling. Are AccuTerm and the Linux server on the same network? If so, maybe you could use another approach to move the PDF file from Linux to Windows to display the PDF. If they are not on the same network, AccuTerm's file transfer might work, although the path from Linux to AccuTerm need to be binary-clean.

Thanks,

Pete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale kelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2018 at 8:32am
I have an application that pulls a pdf file from the linux server and displays it on a windows workstation.  When we used putty there was a setting that enabled the x11 transfer from xpdf to xine.  Is accuterm 7 compatible with x11 transfer?
Thanks
Dale
dwk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic